1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria 9/11 to 9/16...Live-ish

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by BigGTMike, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Hi everyone. Headed out for a long weekend. Riding the subway down to ATL airport as we speak. Should be lots of craps and sports bets. Safe travels to everyone traveling today.

2. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410437055.943784.jpg September 11th remembrance prayer in the airport lobby before security.

3. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Leaving out of SFO, didn't see anything in the sw terminal. I'll be on both sides of you this weekend and some where in between! Good luck!!

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to more pics. I wish we could take the subway, we pay over $90 for the economy parking.
    Good luck, Win big!

5. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being attached to the atl airport is about the only thing they ever did right with the subway in this city. Thing is so mismanaged and poorly maintained.

6. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cab line pretty crazy at noon. I'm used to getting here at midnight. Safely to aria waiting to check in ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410464088.697195.jpg

7. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty easy checkin. on a three night reduced rate + $50 resort credit offer and then two nights from MyVegas. Easily linked. Desk claims to have programmed keys for all five nights. I've never had that actually be successful so we will see Sunday :). No biggie. 32nd floor. Decent view. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410465669.635202.jpg

Gonna unpack and maybe take a quick shower. After that I've $50 free play from MyVegas to use and want to get some action on the MLB games and Thursday night football before dinner reservation at Scarpetta at 8.

8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree that MARTA is pretty bad. I did use it for some Hawks/Thrashers games when I lived there though. St. Louis's "Metro Link" really isn't any better though.

Good luck in Vegas!

9. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The $50 free play is now $129 cash. Hit a $120 payout on next to last spin.

10. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walked over to play $10 craps at MC. Aria only had $15 and $25 tables. Played about an hour and half. $500 buy in, $800 cash out. Hit three points on my first roll. Bout the only highlight. Made some minimal wagers on tonight's NFL game. Took the Pitt Moneyline (+120) and the Pitt by 11-13 points prop (10/1). Also a 3 bet parlay on MLB. Marlins and Nats to win and over 7.5 in the Royals/Red Sox game.

11. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good report..craps and sports are near and dear to my heart...GOOD LUCK

12. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any recommendations at Scarpetta? Was pretty set on spaghetti but not sure on appetizers etc.

13. aaronw915

aaronw915 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got the creamy polenta and squid appetizers and the duck & foie gras ravioli and spaghetti for mains and it was just right for 2 people.

14. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had the creamy polenta and the spaghetti. Very good. Great view. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410496847.739121.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410496883.376809.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410496894.660511.jpg

Fountains gave me the horrible idea to go play craps at Bellagio. Found a $10 table. Were quite a few. Lost a quick $500.

Off to the poker room.

15. Brewfangrb

Brewfangrb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry about the Marlins. More sorry for Stanton...huge blow and that looked very scary.

16. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah. Looked awful. Lost another $100 slowly at the poker tables at Bellagio over 3 hours. I'm quite outclassed there. I think I won one hand.
    Day 1 final tally is down $400 thanks to the awfulness at Bellagio and whiffing on my sports bets.

Gonna crash for a few hours. Prolly skip breakfast and try to do GR Burgr for lunch and maybe the 2pm poker tourney at MC or something.

Have a dinner res at Jean Georges at Aria for dinner tomorrow to use my resort credit.

17. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GR Burgr for lunch. Was solid as always. Uber cheese, fries, and Oreo Shake. Had decided to play the $75 PH 1pm tourney after. Got the brilliant idea to kill the time with $10 craps. Lost $200 quick. Made final table in the tourney. Went out quickly after that playing Q/J of hearts with mid pair and a flush draw. Was up against and one guy with ace high flush draw and another with top pair king. So way behind :). Didn't hit a queen or jack and it was over. Played it way too aggressive in retrospect given top pairs chip stack. The ace high flush draw was all in at my turn bet.

Think I'm about to go down and put some money on Baylor and the braves. Although I suspect the braves are heavy faves against the rangers so I may not play it. May also put together a CFB parlay for tomorrow in case I don't make it up by the start of the 9am games.

Need to get this turned around. Usually don't run this cold.

18. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won a bet on Baylor hooooray! Too bad I lost braves and the royals game over. Haha. Losing streak continues. Going to bed early so I can get down to the book early and stake out a spot for the 9am games.

Had the 18oz bone in ribeye, tomato soup, and lobster mashed potatoes at Jean Georges. Might have been the best meal I've ever had. $140 later...food coma.

19. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The spaghetti at Scarpetti's has been on my to do list for a few trips now but haven't made it yet. I've heard it is very good.

20. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Indiana has the worst play calling I have ever seen. Holy shit.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.