1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ever Bet NCAAF" Paycheck " Games ?

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Camp Rusty, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be down college week three and I see a couple paycheck games I want to bet. Have hesitated in the past but the heavy favorites seem to me to be covering more frequently, also covering the overs.

Anybody see any matchups week three that stand out regardless of the spreads ? The first one I saw was Portland State @ Washington State. I don't usually bet homer but WSU should be a heavy favorite.

We are lucky with sports we sort of know to bet on that week....Mariners, Hawks, college ball and NASCAR. Guess I'll be living in the Orleans and Palms books.

Anybody have any hunches on anything I'd love to hear em'. We arrive the MNF double header opening night.:beer:

2. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what is a paycheck game?

3. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe they are called different things different places......the definition I use is games where you have a second tier school with limited seating in their home stadium signs up to play a big SEC or Pac 12 or what have you game where the small school will receive a chunk of the televison and gate revenue far exceeding that of a home game for the small school. The spreads are generally in the multiple touchdown range.

The example I used with Portland State at WSU I'm guessing even as bad as the Cougs are in the Pac 12 that there is no way PSU can handle the passing attack, maybe WSU -31, or a game like Appalachian State at Michigan -35. Essentially pre season warm up games for the big schools.

4. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ahhh ok, I usually just refer to those types of games as nonconference LOL

was thinking "paycheck" was some sort of gambling slang, like the odds were so good you'd bet your paycheck on them

they say the non conference / paycheck games at the beginning of the NCAAF season are the best to bet because the information on the matchups used in the handicapping is limited, you can find some good values to wager on in that first month

5. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took the 69 points and Savannah St against FSU a couple of years ago.

6. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They wont let you bet the over and the favorite and the under and the under in these games. They are corrolated parlays and make you an advantage player. No way will they let you parlay any of these. The math works out in your favor.

7. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

As i stated above, no one will let you play the over and the favorite as a parlay nor the under and the dog. They are corrolated parlays and you are an advantage player. If you find someone who will take this action, I will shut them down by seasons end.

8. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sorry if I mis-stated my intention, didn't see where I mentioned a parlay. I know I can't parlay the two bets.....tried that a few years ago, thought I had discovered the world's greatest loophole. Damn near laughed me out of the book.

Also learned years ago you can't parlay prop bets.........

9. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sorry if I mis-stated my intention. I know I can't parlay the two bets.....tried that a few years ago, thought I had discovered the world's greatest loophole. Damn near laughed me out of the book.

Also learned years ago you can't parlay prop bets on NASCAR.......D'OH!

10. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Soccer is by far the best for corrolated parlays and I have seen some people stupid enough to take them, I closed that shop rather quickly.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.