1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gold Coast Bars

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by stripes46, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stripes46

stripes46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I are staying for the first time at The Gold Coast for 2 nights in September! We like playing VP at the bartops! How many different bars are there at Gold Coast? We will be then moving on to our usual home base at The Orleans for 4 nights and I know there are at least 5 bars to play at!

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At least 3 according to VPFree2. There is 9/6 JoB at the island bar for 50c and $1 levels.

3. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The bars at Gold Coast I can think of are:
    Island Bar - it's near the sports book and the first bar you see from the Flamingo Rd entrance. 9/6 JoB at the 50 cent level, and solid bartender service.

Red Zone Bar - toward the back of the place as you walk near the buffet. Typically kind of dead, less than full pay VP, but does have some progressives.

TGI Friday's - no VP, but offers both food and drink

Fans - upstairs at bowling alley. I've never been up to it so I don't have any description for ya.

4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was Vegas so my memory is a little fuzzy, but I think they built a new VP bar just past the smaller Chinese restaurant. While the VP is good and bartenders are good; the machines are old CRT monitors and seem very blurry to me especially after playing the bright, clear, high def bar tops at Cosmo. The new VP bar, if it wasn't just a rumor I started, might have new machines but it wasn't open when I was there so I don't know.

5. Crambone

Crambone Gnaeus Pompey Magnus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's a floor plan. Snidely might mean the small bar on the south wall with 8-10 bar tops.

It's called the South Bar.

6. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It doesn't matter perhaps but the map may be a little outdated as there has been no poker room at GC in a few YEARS......

7. stripes46

stripes46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok thanks everyone! I will eventually find all of them. Thanks for the tips! Can't wait for Vegas trip #3 this year starting Sept.20.

8. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, that's it! Guess it's not new; I just never noticed it before or it was always closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.