1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Car Rental Codes

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by KazooTom, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am planning a trip for a few days between Christmas and New Year's Eve this year. Due to many factors we were not able to go last year (2012) and have the opportunity this year. Our 37 year old son passed away this past summer and we are now in the position of being full time parents again for our 14 year old grandson. Our son was a single parent, the mother has been out of the picture for the past 11 years. Enough of our sob story, suffice it to say we have a chance to get away this year.

I am looking to see if anyone can provide any car rental discount codes for late December? We plan to arrive Dec. 26 and leave on Monday Dec. 30 to avoid the prices and crowds of new years eve.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

2. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have any codes for you, but I would suggest looking at Costco for car rentals. I was able to book a rental in November from Costco cheaper than going thru any of the Companies direct.

3. redzone

redzone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So sorry for your loss.

I used carrentalsavers.com

4. Kcitsme

Kcitsme Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are a member of Costco, you should give there web site a try. I just checked the dates 12/26 to 12/30 and I got a rate of $111.70, which includes all taxes for a mid sized car. This is with Budget. Prices change constantly and I would keep checking daily. On many sites there is no charge for holding a reservation and then cancelling it when you find a better deal. I have been doing this and when I leave for Vegas this week I will have an Alamo, full sized car for 7 days, at a cost of $134.61, which includes all taxes and a free additional driver. I signed up for Alamo's Insider program. It is free and it gives you an additional driver free. You also get other discounts and coupons too. Another perk with Alamo, you can check in online. When you get to Vegas you do not have to stop at the counter. You go directly to the car. Love it!

5. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kalamazoo, I use this as a starting point but it is not nearly as good of a site/resource as it once was. Looking forward to seeing if anyone else has something better:

http://www.best-car-rental-tips.com/

FYI, I found a competitive rate with Hertz last trip (they have good discounts for 50 and over) and saw this post. The guy has some very good advice about using the Hertz smartphone app and checking in using it. They offer several upgrade options that are really good deals. It's not a free upgrade but we got a Challenger upgrade offer at $17 extra per day.

http://hackmytrip.com/2013/08/detailed-review-hertz-gold-plus-rewards-1/

6. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for your replies and the web links, they will be helpful in my search. We have rented numerous times in the past in Las Vegas and have always found great deals. I know th process of finding a good deal and rechecking daily to find better deals.

7. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. Wayupinya

Wayupinya Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rental Success!

Got on the Alamo site this morning at 10:00 and, using the costco codes of coupon AD2338FDF and ID 7015309 along with our "insider" number, finally found a rental we can live with. Got a mid size car for a total of $143.56 for our 5 day rental, including all taxes and fees.

Previous attempts have gotten prices above $300 for the same period. When I found the rate this morning I quickly booked it. After booking and printing out our confirmation I got back on the site around 10:30. The same rental came up $50 higher. If you find a rate that works, book it immediately as it may be gone the next time you log on.

10. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Couldn't agree more, Tom. I had a great rate for Thrifty in August and let it timeout prior to booking. It was gone 20 minutes later...

11. dhlamar

dhlamar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked a full size vehicle from Fox rental foa 1 week and it was $150 total.

12. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try budget.com
    use BCD: W852802 (costco code)
    Coupon code MUGZ044 ($35 off weekly rate)
    and keep checking 2/3 times a day.
    When you find a really good rate, prepay it for an additional discount of up to 35%

My 6 day 7 hour rental of a compact car was $87.75 Total including all taxes and fees

13. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you, Foos, for the code. Unfortunately that coupon expires on 12/15, before my dates. I've rechecked the Alamo site to see if my discount has gotten any better. Last night the rates soared up again a full $97 higher than our confirmed reservation. For Alamo the costco code is; coupon - AD2338FDF and ID code 7015309. I apparently got lucky with the timing as I have continued to recheck and can't duplicate our $143.56 all in price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.