1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Luggage storage for a few days?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by StuartUK, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hi all :)

We've got 3 nights in the Aria, then off to LA for 3 days, and then back to Vegas to stay at the Elara...
    Don't want to take our big suitcases with us to LA and were probably in a convertible anyway :) :)

Would a hotel hold a bag for 3 days ?
    Trying to think is it best to ask Aria luggage room to hold bag and collect when I get back to Vegas, or take it to the Elara 3 days before check-in and ask to store it there ? Am guessing Aria would be the better option ?

Show me the money Jerry, show me the money!!!
  2. ckx2

ckx2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A decent tip and you're off to L.A.

3. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always tip (in the US that is, not UK ! :D :D :D )
    So tip the guy good at Aria, and it will be kept nice and safe for 3 days..
    ok, sounds good to me! :D

4. slot guppy

slot guppy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have done it in the past. We were leaving the RIO for 2 nights at the Grand Canyon. Then we returned to RIO. For just a few days its no problem.
    Just be sure to tip well at drop off & pick up. Enjoy yourselves in LV & LA.

5. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have done it before with no problems. It will be fine.

We did it at Gold Coast last week.

6. Kickin

Kickin Flea

No, I'd just drop them off at Elara. They'll take the bags for a few days if you're reserved to stay there.

I imagine it would be less of a headache to go out of your way to drop them off at Elara on your way to the Grand Canyon than it is to go out of your way to pick them up from Aria on your way back when you'll probably be tired and anxious.

7. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Almost every hotel will hold your luggage for up to 7 days at no charge and you don't even have to be a guest at the hotel. Beyond that they may charge you a daily fee for storing your luggage and after a certain point (usually 30 days) they consider the luggage abandoned where it/its contents will go up for sale to recoup cost of storing your luggage.

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, just tip but put a lock on it, i had one hotel go thru mine and steal some stuff and ps leave some stuff, there ring fell off when they went thru my bag:thumbsup:

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Almost" is the thing though. Not every hotel will hold your luggage, esp if you aren't a guest at the hotel. I tried it at Southpoint (wanted to leave my bowling bag because I had a tournament there but wasn't staying there) but they wouldn't allow it. Many hotels downtown are reluctant to hold your luggage for very long, mostly because they don't have large storage rooms to keep your bags. I left my bags a couple of years ago at the lvc and they just tagged the bags and left it the area behind the bell desk. I gave the guy a 10 spot to hold my bags for 3 days.

I think many of the strip hotels will just accept and hold your bags even if you don't say how long you will be away IMHO.

I'm going to be in the same predicament in June, I will get to vegas and then fly to san fran 4 hours later for 3 nights before returning to stay downtown. I was thinking of just dropping my bowling bag off at Orleans but I don't think there is quick way to get from the airport to Orleans. I know the wax goes on trop so I could possibly drop my bag off at mgm or even NYNY or MB I guess.

Does anyone know of any buses that stop off at McCarran and will go near the Orleans? Worse case scenario would be to just take the wax and stop off at MGM and leave my bag there. Also, does anyone know about the airport lockers? While I drop off my bag I will probably leave my carry ons at the airport for a few hours so will probably leave it in one of those lockers. Say, any possibility of leaving my bowling bag in the airport locker for 3 days and how much it will cost?

10. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WINNER! :thumbsup:

Annual Golf Trip
  11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if u can get to ballys, take orleans shuttle to hotel

12. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ive found if you tip 5 to 10 $ depending how much you have they will do it, there in the service industry, and not many people tip , just be nice and dont worry ill take care of you statement . it should all work out.i usually bring it to my hotel ill be checkin next and leave it there.i do it the nite before i leave

13. La$Vega$

La$Vega$ Fun until cops show up, then we play Hide n' Seek!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both would be safe, but perhaps easier to bring to the new check-in hotel.
    We have done that before and prefer to have them there when we return.

14. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great advice
    thank you guys! :)
    Will take to the Elara, hopefully a $10 tip for 2 suitcases in the luggage hold for 3 nights will do the trick...
    as you say, will save having to go back to the Aria to collect bags...

:)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.