1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas MyVegas $50.00 Monte Carlo Reward - just ask!

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by apratt0905, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apratt0905

apratt0905 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been waiting and waiting for the sold out $50 FB credit at Monte Carlo to come available. It seems like it never does.

So I thought I would write the support desk at MyVegas and ask if this reward had been discontinued as I wanted to redeem it for a trip to Vegas this month.

Shortly thereafter I received an email with the $50 FB credit to Monte Carlo in my inbox. Sweet!

I double checked and it still says sold out.

So if a reward has been sold out and never seems to come back, just ask!

2. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well that's kinda shady practices...

3. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats cool that happened, cograts. However now that you posted that...thousands of people are going to bombard all of the props asking for items that are sold out. Not your fault technically, I know you're excited.

4. MrPapageorgio

MrPapageorgio Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is that reward good for any of their places?

5. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I kinda question how that could happen without the transaction of purchasing the reward...(confirming the purchase and allowing them to deduct chips and then getting the confirmation number)...I'm not saying it didn't happen but it just seems a bit out there. Good for you if indeed you got it :)

6. discostu

discostu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe we all see things different but how is that shady?

7. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can vouch that it has happened since it has happened to me, a number of times. I have also emailed the support desk and asked availability questions about 2 rewards and they were kind enough to make the "purchase" on my behalf, twice. They offered to do this since I have purchased several chip packages in the past and because I'm at a VIP level (their words, not mine).

The only difference is I didn't post that information on the chat boards as I envisioned them begin pounded with a thousand emails asking for the same thing. I didn't feel it was up to me to publicize the practice, I figured they would publish the info if they wanted it public.

diane

8. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Releasing a limited, popular reward for no apparent reason other than the user wasn't able to catch it available in the short time it lasts?

9. discostu

discostu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I saw it more as someone has tried to get something and never could. So they called and asked if it was available. They were being nice and gave her one anyway. You know, sometimes it helps if you just ask. Especially in vegas, ask for a comp, ask for an upgrade. You just never know until you ask.

10. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

This reward is refreshed every morning. As it is one of the most popular rewards, it sells out very quickly. I was able to get one last saturday. There are a couple different threads on here explaining how to get these popular rewards.

11. apratt0905

apratt0905 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, this reward is not refreshed every morning as the email they sent me also said that this reward may be refreshed at a different time of the day than the usual 7:00 PST. I have tried multiple times to get this reward and it never shows refreshed at 7:00 PST. So that's why I asked.

Whatever the case is about "publicizing" what I did. Yes, I was excited and everything about MyVegas gets publicized if not here then on special Facebook pages. People post how to get thru Jules Vernes games, like where to find the hidden treasure, so why not this?

Come on, give me a break. I'm just trying to help out a fellow MyVegas member on getting a reward that almost always shows sold out.

I bet those who poo-poo my post don't have a problem collecting chips from other's chip postings.

12. OntheStrip

OntheStrip Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made the purchase last week. It refreshes at 7:15 from what I can tell. My husband tried to buy it a few days earlier (also refreshed at 7:15) but he was using a laptop and made a typo so he was to slow to get it before it was sold out.

13. apratt0905

apratt0905 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's probably why I never got it. I usually stuck around until about 7:10 and then gave up.

14. apratt0905

apratt0905 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly!

15. Laura_W

Laura_W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got it on Saturday at 7:04. Was surprised that it was so early. My Aria Dinner buffet for 2, I got that one between like 715 and 720...
    I worked for it.. back and forth from reward to back to browsing starting at 7am. The MC one didn't take long as i said it came early, but the other two.. good grief that was like the longest 15 mins of my life! lol

16. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was closer to 10:20am EST when I finally got it. I started the back and forth clicking about 5 minutes till. I also got lucky in that I was also able to snag the Aria lunch buffet right afterwards - it was showing two left when I clicked on it.

17. MTROH

MTROH Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used the $50 at the Buffet to purchase an all day pass. Back in January.

but I have not seen it available since always sold out.

18. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last Wednesday or Thursday I tried the support beg thing and got shot down.

Saturday I woke up early and clicked back and forth and got in to enter my info and apparently was too slow and got a sold out error message.

Today I was successful in getting it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.