Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Best Way To Use MLife Express Comps...

Trips To Vegas

Default Best Way To Use MLife Express Comps...

It turns out I have about $200 in Express Comps for my next trip in June. What does everyone normally use theirs on? Can you use them for shopping, room service too?

Trips To Vegas

You can use them to pay at most restaurants, against your hotel bill, or to buy show tickets.

Probably the easiest way is to go to the front desk the night before you check out (assuming you don't want to check out at the desk in the morning) and have them apply Express Comps against your bill. That way, you should be able to see the credit when you review your charges in the morning.

There was some discussion a while back about possibly being able to avoid the sales tax on meals if you use Express Comps to pay for meals at the point of purchase vs charging to your room, but I don't remember the outcome.

Trips To Vegas

drinks, meals, spa, show tickets (at MGM properties of course).

No retail. Does not cover tips.

$200 will go real fast.

Trips To Vegas

Spend them like cash at MGM property restaurants. Just give your card to your waiter and he'll take the stuff right off of your bill. Don't forget to tip, as that can't go on ECs.

Alternatively, use them up front to pay for your buffets. They'll do it right there at the register.

Trips To Vegas

No tax on meals, i'm not sure about rooms though.

Trips To Vegas

Usually I can get the mlife desk to cover my stay and meals without touching the express comps. Last time I did this they asked if I wanted to keep my express comps or apply them to the bill... I told them that I'd rather keep them, so they just took care of the bill and left me the ECs.

Take them over to the gift shop and grab some extra stuff or whatever.

Trips To Vegas

Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image Originally Posted by undathesea Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image
    Take them over to the gift shop and grab some extra stuff or whatever.
    except you can't use them for retail ...

Trips To Vegas

I normally just use them to pay for the room (in full or in part)...if not fully comp'd.

If comp'd then I just save them for next time...

If you were feeling generous you could go to a restaurant and look for a nice family on vacation and tell the manager to charge their meal to your room and then use ECs to pay for it...

Supra's In Vegas!!

If you were NOT staying at an MGM hotel, what would you do with $200-250 in EC's, on a solo trip?

Trips To Vegas

Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image Originally Posted by engicedave Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image
    If you were NOT staying at an MGM hotel, what would you do with $200-250 in EC's, on a solo trip?
    Use them to pay for meals. You can use it basically like a debit card right in any MGM hotel restaurant. Hit Craft one night and you're halfway done with your ECs.