1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question for the RTC WAX experts

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Joe, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can one of you RTC experts confirm I'm reading the WAX schedule from McCarran to Fremont Hotel correctly for Monday, Oct 15. I don't use the buses, so this is for my brother.

He has a scheduled 9:30 AM arrival. It seems there is a 9:47 AM WAX and not another until 11:47 AM.

Is that correct? Two hours in between? He wants the WAX.

Thanks for the help.

2. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I consider myself a semi-WAX expert, but don't know where the time you quoted came from. I just printed out the weekday schedule a couple days ago, and it shows morning departures from McCarran starting at 5:53 am, 6:52, 7:52, 8:22, 8:59 and essentially every hour after that! Assuming the plane is on time, your brother should have little trouble making the 9:59 departure.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks to me that they are 1 hour apart 8:59, 9:59, etc.

By the way the wax takes about a half hour, that chart you has made it seem to be closer to 40 min, must be a mistake or maybe the times for the 108 or 109.(which also would end up downtown)

6. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On Monday, the WAX departs McCarran at 9:59, 10:59, 11:59 a.m. enroute to downtown.

Some of my thoughts:

1. Unless his 9:30 flight is early, or on time, he may not catch the 9:59 bus. It is possible, if he
    chooses a carryon.

2. Remember to follow the signs to baggage area, then go down to the zero level. Go halfway
    through baggage area, then it's on the right.

3. When you get down to level zero, walk to the right, and you will see the bus stop area with
    benches. There are accurate schedules posted there.

4. Resist the temptation to catch the 108 or 109. They are crowded with occupants who may not
    seem as friendly as the WAX riders. Also, there are so many stops, that the ride to
    downtown may take an hour.

5. When the WAX gets to downtown, it stops initially at the Bonneville Transportation Center.
    The first time I rode it, I got off there, thinking it was the final destination. It was a
    pleasant 5 block walk to the Four Queens, but I should have just remained on the bus
    for a couple of minutes, and it would have dropped me off near Walgreens on Fremont.
    That's what I did the second trip -- very short walk!

6. The WAX takes dollar bills or coins. $2.

Hope that helps.

This is rather subjective, but I very much enjoy the ride on the WAX to downtown.

7. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our Wax bus was arriving at 11:05 on a Saturday. The plane landed at 10:40. We had our luggage with us, even took turns using the restroom, and still got out to the bus stop at 10:55. We had a pleasant ride and the $25.00 we saved not taking a cab paid for a few downtown buffets.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.