1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM petite king vs. grand king.....much difference?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by jniccolai, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jniccolai

jniccolai Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering if the grand king at the MGM was worth the extra almost $50 or if i should book the petite and try to get the upgrade at check in?

Any advice would be great, thanks!!
    Jenn

2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I believe the petite kings are the West Wing rooms - small, and they lack bathroom privacy. The grand kings are going to be the newly renovated rooms in the Grand tower. Depends on when you are going - what chance you would stand of getting an upgrade.

3. Mr.TDub

Mr.TDub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are the petite kings renovated or will be?

I was just looking at their rates and didn't even see petite kings listed for the 1st week of October.

4. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The petite kings had been renovated more recently than the Grand Tower rooms that were just renovated - but I'm not sure when. I know that they have flat screen TV's.

Yes, you are right, they don't show up that week, yet I put in my dates 9/4-7, and they do. Looks like they are only $5-$10 less than the Grand King room. Use the link below to see a youtube video of one.

oMNXAD09B_A

Sorry, link doesn't work. Just type in MGM Grand West Wing Rooms and there are a bunch of videos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.