Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should we buy tickets in advance?

Trips To Vegas

Default Should we buy tickets in advance?

I've never been a "show" guy but now I'm heading out with my GF in May.. As far as shows like "Love" (which I think I'd enjoy..) or in general... are those 1/2 off.. day of day of the show places legit?.. We will be there from Sunday-Friday.. I'm sure the weekend would be out..

Trips To Vegas

Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image Originally Posted by Vegabound Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image
    I've never been a "show" guy but now I'm heading out with my GF in May.. As far as shows like "Love" (which I think I'd enjoy..) or in general... are those 1/2 off.. day of day of the show places legit?.. We will be there from Sunday-Friday.. I'm sure the weekend would be out..
    The discount outlets do typically have some Circ show tix, but here is the rub. You wont know for sure unless you go and check, and then you have to stand in line to purchase a voucher, then go stand in line again at the show to exchange the voucher for the actual tix.

You also have to do this fairly early in the day, as the good tix sell out at the discount outlets (found this out the hardway on my last trip after waiting in line 25 mins.)

Here is my policy, I take few chances when on trips with the GF, I would just buy them on Vegas.com in advance or some other sight with a decent price. The discount outlets are not truly 1/2 off, esp for the more popular shows.

I just paid full boot for concert tix because I want the GF to have a good time and I wanted good seats, another thing that is not guaranteed with the discount tix.
    www.LasVegastheguide.com How Vegas is done!

Trips To Vegas

Thanks for posting this, I've been wondering the same thing. I want to buy them in advance to be sure we have tickets, boyfriend wants to wait and get them when we're there.. We'll get them in advance!

FWIW, there's a half price booth in the shopping center just North of Frys. Not too inconvenient if you have a car, and I've never seen a line there.

Trips To Vegas

I don't think I've ever run into an issue of a show being sold out. But, if you book early, and look online a lot of times you can find good deals. A lot of shows are on Goldstar, and Cirque sends out some really big discounts a few times a year.

The 1/2 price places are kind of a crapshoot, and it's never half off fyi, it's like 1/3 or 1/4 or like $10 off... If your heart is set on something check it out before.

http://www.smartervegas.com/shows/lo...discounts.aspx here's a deal 25% off LOVE. i'd guess that would be about the discount you would get if you went to the half price place.
    <3 Heather

Sweepstakes Trip!

Trips To Vegas

Years ago, many regular shows (vs one shot concerts) were often sold out. These days, with less visitors and more shows, tickets are usually readily available. Unless there is a MUST SEE show or some really big weekend, you can get tickets when you get there.

The good part about waiting is your mood may change.

Trips To Vegas

if there is a specific show on a specific day you need, buy in advance. My wife and I new we were seeing Rod Stewart, so we bought those tickets months in advance, but we weren't sure if we wanted Absinthe, Peepshow or X Burlesque. In the end, we managed to get free passes to Absinthe.

Trips To Vegas

Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image Originally Posted by anton73 Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image
    if there is a specific show on a specific day you need, buy in advance. My wife and I new we were seeing Rod Stewart, so we bought those tickets months in advance, but we weren't sure if we wanted Absinthe, Peepshow or X Burlesque. In the end, we managed to get free passes to Absinthe.
    The wife and I are headed to Vegas in August. She wants to see Carrot Top since his show was dark last year when we were there. I can buy tickets right now via the Luxor website:

2 Seat(s) @ 43.96: $87.92
    Service & Delivery Fees: $10.00
    Delivery Method: Will Call
    Taxes: LET Included
    Total: $97.92

Does anyone know if Tix4Tonight can beat that price?

Anton - If you don't mind me asking...how did you get the free passes to Absinthe? I'd like to see the show and free passes would be great.

Trips To Vegas

Tix for tonight was $51 a ticket last week with tax and fees for carrot top.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?yld0oe
    www.LasVegastheguide.com How Vegas is done!

As a rule, I buy in advance, from the box office (such as they are these days...)
    I request my SEC. and ROW....(and aisle seat usually), and pay the rack rate.
    THAT'S IF YOU REALLY WANT SOMTHING SPECIFIC.

Discount brokers are discount brokers.
    TIX4TONIGHT is known for their TWOFERS...they do have 'some' discounted tics also.
    www.tix4tonight.com

I'M TRYING SOMETHING NEW...'BEST OF VEGAS' www.bestofvegas.com
    Reason...I'd like to check out JERSEY BOYS in their new Paris home. I've seen the Show
    and am willing to try a BEST OF VEGAS 'seat upgrade' out of curiousity.

The price is good for the better seat locations...
    I've heard good reports about them here...
    I called their free phone to order instead of a web booking, real helpful folks...

The way they work it is:
    You buy you tic...Best Of Vegas sends you a confirmation number for your Show.
    Best Of Vegas submits it to the property who assigns the 'upgraded' SEC. ROW SEAT and then sends
    it back to Best Of Vegas who sends you 'another' final confirmation with all the info.
    THIS IS YOUR SEAT, SEC, ROW...there's no first come/first serve when picking up your tickets. YOURS
    are there waiting for you.

The other thing I (think) I like about them is they offer tics well in advance of what the box office can.
    Box office usually only goes 90 days in advance, Best Of Vegas has a much further window...

Now...I did this the other day and have not yet recieved my final SEC ROW SEAT so I can't tell ya
    how it worked out BUT...I've heard enough good things about Best Of Vegas, I bet it works out well!
    I'LL LET YA KNOW.
    Greg
    Last edited by GREGRIO; 04-13-2012 at 12:20 PM.