Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I think slot machines ruined my Vegas trip

Trips To Vegas

Default I think slot machines ruined my Vegas trip

Just got back yesterday after 4 nights. Thinking back, I played those damn machines way, way too much. Guess I let the losing get to me, even though I know it's inevitable.

Had fun trying craps for the first time. Didn't really come out ahead, but when I could find a $10 table, I always gravitated towards it.

Playing poker in Vegas was a blast compared to my local card room.

Didn't have any success at the blackjack tables, but the money lasted longer.

But those machines... those awful computers lol. I always went back, started getting mad, started betting $6 a spin at Hangover even though I only put $20 in.

I told myself before going that I'd play lots of poker and little slots. Instead I played maybe 4 hours of cards and countless hours of slots. And if I'm honest about it, it really took away from what should have been a great vacation.

At least I stayed away from the airport machines lol.

Trips To Vegas

That's ok. I have done the same thing and I say there is always next trip! Gotta get back soon and get your money!Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image
    Need to work on a new countdown timer...Click or hover your mouse to enlarge

Trips To Vegas

Are you mostly a slot player in general and wanting to make a change this trip or were slots new for you? Were you chasing the bonuses? Playing on tilt? If you enjoy the slots no reason to feel bad.

After watching my gf play slots every trip I still have no interest in playing them.

Trips To Vegas

Slots are bad news and you will lose money if you play them on a regular basis.
    Last edited by HoyaHeel; 02-11-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Edit for content

Trips To Vegas

I saw that you said you played craps for the first time out there.... are there any instructional type tables set up where they do lessons out there like on the other table games. Would love to play but am scared to jump in without really having some hands on practice that does not count ahead of the actual act of losing my tail like I always do out there.

Trips To Vegas

This has happened to us before...my husband loves the slot machines and he always plays down his winnings when he hits a good run. Drives me nuts. I like to cash out and pocket the winnings when I'm ahead and move on to a different machine with my original $$ that I started with. Never try to chase a win on the slots, it will make you crazy and in most cases leave you disappointed. If it's your lucky day, then you will hit. If it's not, then you won't.

I plan on playing a bit of everything this trip, not just slots. I can play for a much longer time at the tables and have a better time than just watching my money get sucked out by the slots for hours on end. My husband enjoys the slots and that's fine with me...I'll play a $20 here and a $20 there and take a few chances on some higher denomination slots too but I can tell really early off if it's going to be a lucky trip or not!
    Las Vegas is sort of like how God would do it if he had money." ~Steve Wynn
    Vegas Videos: http://www.youtube.com/dockfamcentral

Trips To Vegas

I am convinced after my last trip that the Hangover machine is strictly for entertainment and evil on the bankroll!

Its def a fun maching, but its eats money!!

Trips To Vegas

I'm not an expert. You can read my trip reports. My last 4 trips to Vegas I had a complete loss (my entire bankroll after non-stop slots for 5 days), a double up (my entire bankroll X2), a push (didnt lose any money) & a 10X my bankroll return. Sure the last one was hitting a huge slot jackpot. But 3 out of 4 trips, all slots and only slots I made or didnt lose money.

I'd say I'm still behind cash wise in the long run, but not by much. No Bullshit. Even when I go and I lose my $300.00 or $500.00 a day gambling allowance (which I have never lost it on every day in my stays, win a day, lose a day) I still get tons of comps by playing those slots. And if you figure that in, I'm a winner every time!

Stay away from the bankroll eaters likes pennies and nickles, stick to the older 3 reel mech in quarters & dollars and you'd be surprised on how long your money lasts, or trips home with extra cash in your pocket.
    Last edited by HoyaHeel; 02-11-2012 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Edit to remove quotation

Trips To Vegas

Who, of the regular posters on here has ever claimed that slots are a winning proposition? Me thinks nobody. Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image

NickClick or hover your mouse to enlarge image
    Last edited by HoyaHeel; 02-11-2012 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Edit to remove quotation
    "Look... I'm not through with you yet Bingo. You're Nick Papageorgio. You're from Yuma, Arizona. You're into software. Now stick your head in the hole and say Joey Heatherton. Right here on the strip??? Smile kid..... You're in Vegas!!!"

Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image Originally Posted by danielao Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image

Had fun trying craps for the first time. Didn't really come out ahead, but when I could find a $10 table, I always gravitated towards it.

I take $100/$150 a day to gamble. Don't bet much , don't win much but I never walk away mad at myself.

I actually win about 70 % of the time playing low end roulette and craps. Trick is if you get up take some of their money with you. Then you have that plus your starting amount to wager to win more!