Thread: pawn stars

Trips To Vegas

Default pawn stars

I know the pawn shop on pawn stars is on Las Vegas Blvd., but is it within walking distance of Fremont Street? We would walk it during the day if it's not to far, because I think that area can be a little seedy.

Trips To Vegas

the wifey and i have walked from fremont st. to the flamingo during the day without a problem. it's certainly within walking distance, but it's a good mile i would think. during the day, the walk is fine. there will be some folks out on the streets and such, but nothing major. it's a nice, easy walk. grab some beer and enjoy itClick or hover your mouse to enlarge imageClick or hover your mouse to enlarge imageClick or hover your mouse to enlarge image
    Click or hover your mouse to enlargeClick or hover your mouse to enlarge

Trips To Vegas

It's a pretty easy and safe walk during the day. I don't think I'd feel comfortable at night unless I was with a group of guys.

Google maps says that it is .9 miles / 2 to 3 minute walk.

Trips To Vegas

Heading back to the strip its on the left hand side of the road, I think the deuce bus announces a drop off point for it. Would walk to it during the day from Freemont st. but not after dark

Trips To Vegas

I went to Pawn Stars twice on my last trip (last month). The pawn shop's real name is Gold and Silver Pawn. Keep in mind when you're walking, that, when you get there you have to stand in line for quite a while. The first day I went - it was only a 20 minute wait, but, when I returned a few days later, it was longer than an hour because they were filming inside. They have a mist coming down while waiting - but, even with the mist, it gets HOT standing in line.

Do get there though - it really is a lot of fun to see!

Trips To Vegas

Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image Originally Posted by bng804 Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image
    It's a pretty easy and safe walk during the day. I don't think I'd feel comfortable at night unless I was with a group of guys.

Google maps says that it is .9 miles / 2 to 3 minute walk.
    you must walk really fast as the normal human walks at 4 miles an hour it should take near on 15 min to walk 0.9 of a mileClick or hover your mouse to enlarge imageClick or hover your mouse to enlarge image

Trips To Vegas

Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image Originally Posted by marktaylor Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image
    you must walk really fast as the normal human walks at 4 miles an hour it should take near on 15 min to walk 0.9 of a mileClick or hover your mouse to enlarge imageClick or hover your mouse to enlarge image
    Lol, you're right. I didn't even notice that it was still on DRIVING directions when I pasted from google maps. So walking it, google says 13 minutes.

Here's the link to the map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.027466&z=15

Trips To Vegas

Hmmmm, if I remember rightly, the area between Fremont Street and the main strip was pretty dodgy looking from my view from the bus, I certainly wouldn't want to walk down there day or night.

If I remember rightly, I found it amusing the count the sex toy/adult video/adult book store/$4 lapdance clubs, that we went past. I lost count at about 248.

If you look on google maps street view the whole area is blurred out so that you can't see any of the buildings. Surely that is a sign that it would not be a great place to be walking though lol

3 week long trip :)

Trips To Vegas

Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image Originally Posted by xavierx Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image
    Hmmmm, if I remember rightly, the area between Fremont Street and the main strip was pretty dodgy looking from my view from the bus, I certainly wouldn't want to walk down there day or night.

If I remember rightly, I found it amusing the count the sex toy/adult video/adult book store/$4 lapdance clubs, that we went past. I lost count at about 248.

If you look on google maps street view the whole area is blurred out so that you can't see any of the buildings. Surely that is a sign that it would not be a great place to be walking though lol
    it's really not bad during the day. sure, you'll see the vagrants and closed down business and the seedy shiat, but they will all leave you alone. just walk and enjoy the sights. they are certainly unique! Click or hover your mouse to enlarge imageClick or hover your mouse to enlarge imageClick or hover your mouse to enlarge image
    Click or hover your mouse to enlargeClick or hover your mouse to enlarge