Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pavilion room at El Cortez

Trips To Vegas

Cool Pavilion room at El Cortez

Looking for information and opintions on Pavilion rooms at the El Cortez.On my last trip (solo),I stayed one night in a tower room and was surprised with the comfort and style of the room.This trip my wife will be accompaning me and is a smoker,thus only pavilion rooms are smoking rooms.Also on what floor are they situated?

Trips To Vegas

They're above the parking garage with doors that open to the outside. I stayed there once and they are adequate, but barely. The tower rooms are far superior, but if you need to smoke I guess thats your only option. I didnt like the fact that if you have the drapes open anybody walking by can see in, also there was a fair amount of noise as the sound travels easily under the door,etc.

Of course the price is right.

Trips To Vegas

Thanks merlin.I have comped room offers at the Gold Coast as well.I may try them instead.

Trips To Vegas

Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image Originally Posted by VEGASCRAZY Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image
    Thanks merlin.I have comped room offers at the Gold Coast as well.I may try them instead.
    If I were you I'd check out staying at the 4-queens or maybe the cal or fitz - their rooms are better than the pavilion rooms and would be pretty cheap.

Trips To Vegas

is the tower 100% nonsmoking now? that would explain how i ended up in a pavillion room on my last trip.

i had what the bellman referred to as "the big room!" for my last pavillion stay. ive had a pavillion room twice now. the first one was TINY. this one was indeed a "big room!" but only if you compared it to the first room i had.

if you are paying for the room, definitely look elsewhere.

The pavilion rooms used to be dumpy, but the ElCo has refurbished them and they are adequate to stay in. They are still smallish, lack the privacy features of the tower rooms and can be noisy from outside street traffic.
    If you do stay there, request a room that faces inward instead of those facing the street.

Trips To Vegas

Default el cortez rooms

I was pleasantly surprised. In the el cortez tower elevators there are signs that state that the tower is completely non smoking. However a couple of times I took the elevator there was the overpowering smoke smell, guess they figured to smoke in the elevator since they aren't supposed to smoke on the floors.

I stayed at the el cortez a couple of weeks ago and noticed smoke smell from my bathroom. I hand washed some clothes and opened the bathroom window to dry them. I smelled cig smoke so I think there are people smoking in the bathroom or opened the living room window to smoke or try to vent the smoke outside. I loved the no smoking tower, just wish that everyone would obey rules an not smoke in the tower.

Trips To Vegas

We have stayed at the ElCortez for years. We always get a tower room, I think some of the nicest rooms downtown. They have smoking rooms in the tower. I think it's even odd floors, but the tower rooms are definetly smoking. Maybe people get confused because when you get on the elevator it says no smoking-same as any place, but they're are smoking rooms in the tower. Book thru the hotel to get a decent deal, and a day or two before you leave, ask to speak to a host to see if he can get you a cheaper-or free- stay. Don't go to the slot club to ask if they can give you a deal-they can't. Tell the slot club you would like to talk to a host, and if your play is good, you will get a great deal. Play where you stay, and you will always get a good deal.

Trips To Vegas

I like the El Cortez, and I stay in the Pavillion on an ACG coupon almost every time I go to Vegas, but if I had a choice between Pavillion and the Gold Coast, I'd go with the Gold Coast.
    I am perhaps the least fussy person on rooms, but Pavillion rooms are basic. There is no desk space to set a computer and while I don't get wifi in the room, I like to write, save on the computer, and send when I get free wifi at the Krispy Kreme. And I keep all my travel notes in my computer.

Pavillion rooms are very different from the tower rooms.
    The beds, the shower, the space, the privacy all rates poorer.
    My last visit the hot water was erratic and the key took four swipes to register before the door opened.
    I love the balcony over the neon, but if there is any noise along that balcony, you hear it and window curtains need always to be drawn for privacy so forget view from the room.
    If you are driving, the Pavillion does have good access to parking.
    I don't smoke, so I don't know much about that.
    I do know that there is now no smoking in Vintage rooms.
    My next trip I am going to try one of the Vintage rooms on my coupon. I have heard that sometimes there are nice old suites up there that can be had.
    Also, some claim that they get upgrades on comped Pavillion rooms to tower or Cabana by just asking.

Trips To Vegas

Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image Originally Posted by dewey089 Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image
    I love the balcony over the neon,
    me too. id love to have that as a room view but those rooms are nonsmoking.