Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Room theft.

Trips To Vegas

Default Room theft.

On our visit to the South Point last year I had my mobile phone stolen from the room when we were out after (stupidly) not putting it away in the safe.
    When we'd came back to the room, the phone was flashing with a missed call which I took as someone making sure the coast was clear before they tried the door.Columbo taught me well.Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image
    Anyway,I complained to the front desk but they were not interested.
    It hasn't put us off the South Point as we love the place but I'm curious to know if anybody else has had any similar experiences.
    Cheers.

Trips To Vegas

Wow. That's terrible. And, I imagine, a bit more of a pain in the ass for you than it would be for those of us from the states!

I've been pretty lucky. The biggest theft I've had was a bucket of nickels (prior to the TITO days, of course) that might have been worth 5-10 bucks. Of course, I can't really say that I was too upset about not having to lug that bucket back down to the cashier. I'm still trying to remember why I would have even brought the thing up to my room in the first place.Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image

Now, there was the time that for a few fitful hours, I believed that I had been taken for about $3000. Until I went through my entire suitcase and found the money in a pair of pants that I had not even worn durning the trip. Either I had way too many the night before, or someone was really messing with me.

Trips To Vegas

We've never had a problem but I guess maybe we're too trusting... or ignorantClick or hover your mouse to enlarge image

I always leave the cell phone & laptop sitting in plain view. The only thing we put in the safe is money and any jewlery (my wife) might not be wearing.

Probably a good idea to put anything that will fit, in the safe.

Sorry to hear about the theft.
    Did you consider filing a police report?
    Granted, they would not put out an APB for a lost phone, but at least you'll have an 'official' record of what happened.
    (Plus, it may be needed if you were to file an insurance claim)

It is a shame that the hotel seemed to not have cared. In all reality, they not much they can do, but you'd think they would want to be aware of what is going on in their hotel. If it happened to you, it could happen to anyone else.

I would also write a letter to management to express your disappointment with the lack of empathy/care/help you received from the front desk.

"Knock on wood", I have never personally had anything stolen from a hotel room. But, a few years ago my friend was pick-pocketed in the Aladdin Desert Passage Shops. (Now Planet Hollywood Miracle Mile). Security at least showed some concern by taking a report and helping her look around for it on the floor and in trash cans...should they have just taken the cash and/or cards left the rest behind. (Her main concern was getting her license back so she had a photo ID to board the plane.)
    "Commit the oldest sins in the newest kind of ways"
    -William Shakespeare, Henry IV

Not really theft but once I found that someone at the Excalibur used my razor to shave. The sink was full of whiskers. And thankfully they left the razor right out on the counter.

After I threw the razor out I took a close look at housekeeping to see if any of them had a 5 o'clock shadowClick or hover your mouse to enlarge image

Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image Originally Posted by 21wins Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image
    Not really theft but once I found that someone at the Excalibur used my razor to shave. The sink was full of whiskers. And thankfully they left the razor right out on the counter.
    How do you know those were whiskers?

Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image Originally Posted by DBear Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image
    How do you know those were whiskers?
    Good Point! Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image

Trips To Vegas

Those whiskers are a scary thought, LOL.

On the phone, however, did anyone ever try to use it? If not, it's possible it might have gotten bumped on to the bed or something. We had that happen & had we not noticed it prior to leaving & dialed it to find it, it would have been well off & into the laundry bins and the wash cycle!!!

Bellamom just had that issue with Bellas stuffed animals at their hotel in Vegas, but they were located with many many calls!!! But a phone wouldn't survive the wash quite as well.

Also check at the lost & found after a day or so, or even after check-out. When I called checking for my camera, Paris had over 15 cameras left at various places in the hotel. Flamingo had probably 30+ suitcases, as well as masses of other items. Ballys had most of their stuff out of view, but they indicated they had over 100 cell phone chargers & the categorized them the best they could, so if I needed one again, to come & see them before I bought one. (I had left mine when I moved from Ballys to Paris - obviously I didn't get mine back, but I got a replacement!!).

Trips To Vegas

So far..I have not had anything stolen from me.. and I hope to never have THAT story to tell!
    If you love Vegas, visit Blonde4ever.yuku.com

Trips To Vegas

Nothing stolen, we put everything in the safe, except the cell phones, that we always have in our pockets.

sidenote, may as well leave the phones in the room, can't hear them anyway.

good eats, drinks, and suites @
    Merry Christmas to Me