Thread: Harrahs Text Message Coupons?

Trips To Vegas

Default Harrahs Text Message Coupons?

Last year, around March, I went to Vegas and was able to get a junk load of coupons for Harrahs owned properties by texting "Rio" or something to some number. Do they still have this promotion? Does anyone have anything like this? Thanks!!

Trips To Vegas

See list in 'Hotel Offers & Discounts thread'. However I never received any offers in February. Don't know if they have restricted it to not sending out of their network or what the problem is, but I never even received the confirmation text for signing up. Was going to try it again when I got out there but didn't remember it until it was too late. (I usually sent from home a day or two before leaving).

Trips To Vegas

oh yeh, they are promoting it really heavily these days - here's from the twitter feed: Text FLAMINGO to 227466 when you arrive for special deals, discounts and offers sent straight to your phone or Text PARIS to 227466 for special offers, discounts and deals during your stay

Trips To Vegas

Tried again - did get the confirmation from Flamingo so I'll make sure I do it again a couple of days before I go.

Must have just been having issues in February.

Trips To Vegas

Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image Originally Posted by jgates8 Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image
    Tried again - did get the confirmation from Flamingo so I'll make sure I do it again a couple of days before I go.

Must have just been having issues in February.
    Wait until you get there or just before you leave the house for the airport. The offers only last for 3 days and come at odd intervals and most have pretty short expiration. At least this was my experience when I signed up to all of them at the beginning of June. Unfortunately, I have switched phones since there and don't have the texts, but it was a lot of 2-for-1 drinks, etc.

Trips To Vegas

How do you redeem the coupons? Just show your phone or give the secret word?

Trips To Vegas

The text will instruct you what to do, but most require you to show the message to the Total Rewards desk and they convert it to a physical coupon, etc.

Trips To Vegas

Yes - and normally the actual paper coupon is good for another 3 days or so. So you can pick it up & not use it the same day.

Trips To Vegas

Here's a link to most of the major text deals, with details & instructions. Looks like MGMM is an ongoing subscription, and HET requires you to sign up every 4 days.

I'm letting my AT&T prepaid phone run out next month, so I am signing up for all of these before my trip next week to see what comes up (and use up my non-refundable balance).

If you're a downtown person, give the Golden Gate 1906 club your cell #. I had an old text in there to reply and join, and when I did it today they replied w/ a $25 matchplay offer!

Saving money in Vegas is always fun!

http://www.vegasdealsbytext.com/

-

Trips To Vegas

Default Update

Ok, at least two of the text numbers on the site above are incorrect (Hooters & Luxor). The MGM properties & TI allow you to sign up for the messages on their hotel websites, which saves you a SMS charge if you have one. Look for the tiny "mobile" link at the bottom of the web pages. You still will receive a confirmation SMS you will need to reply to.

I think I'll check some of the other hotel sites not listed to see if they have something like this. There's a good link to all the hotel websites here: http://www.lvol.com/hotelnks.html

-