Thread: upgrade chance at Aria

Default upgrade chance at Aria

I have a standard room (with view) pre paid at Aria for 4 nights 6/30 - 7/04. Its me and 2 mates and obv we've requested 2 queens (worried about the number of people who arrive to discover 2 queens isn't available!).

When we get to check in what are the chances of a sandwich ($100? $200?) upgrade to a decent suite? my worry is that all the suites are king beds.

Do they offer the chance to pay to upgrade to say a 2 bed suite? And is that at rack rate or would we stand a chance of say upgrading for $1k?

Any upgrade experience at Aria would be great!

Trips To Vegas

Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image Originally Posted by jimowl Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image
    I have a standard room (with view) pre paid at Aria for 4 nights 6/30 - 7/04. Its me and 2 mates and obv we've requested 2 queens (worried about the number of people who arrive to discover 2 queens isn't available!).

When we get to check in what are the chances of a sandwich ($100? $200?) upgrade to a decent suite? my worry is that all the suites are king beds.

Do they offer the chance to pay to upgrade to say a 2 bed suite? And is that at rack rate or would we stand a chance of say upgrading for $1k?

Any upgrade experience at Aria would be great!
    I was just there in March. I booked a double at Aria and I got a double. You say you pre-paid? Did they charge your credit card already or just put a hold on it? If you are pre-paid then you should get what you paid for so I wouldn't worry about it.

I will tell you that I booked a double room in Biloxi once and was told there wasn't one available until I told them I would have to go next door to their competitors. Funny how they found a double queen room for me a few minutes later. No $100 sandwich, no $20 trick. I've never done it and I never will.

Aria is not worth spending upwards to $1K for a suite. Save your money and take the double.

Trips To Vegas

I started typing a different answer (shown below) but then I looked online and Aria aren't showing any 2 bedroom suites available for your dates, even at full rack rate. So...

==============================

Aria have an offer code whereby you can:
    a) get a free upgrade to a regular City View room
    b) upgrade to a Corner Suite for $50 night
    c) upgrade to a 1 Bedroom Sky Suite for $150 a night.

You can try slipping the front desk clerk something, but your dates are working against you because of the fact that it's a holiday weekend

If I was looking to wheel and deal my way to a 1 bedroom, my strategy would be to offer 50% of retail when I check in. "Is it possible to get a 1 bedroom for an additional $300 for the stay?"

A couple of problems -

1) The 1 bedroom does not show any 2 queens in the online booking system. That's not to say that NONE exist, but...

2) You currently have a City View room. Upgrading to a 1 bedroom, you might get a nice discount, but you might not get a City View room.

All in all, I'd stick with the bird in the hand, and just try to charm the clerk to get a nice high floor.

Trips To Vegas

Default Try but don't be surprised if no go

Might be tough because it is fourth of July Weekend. Be a very busy weekend
    likely to be sold out of close to it.

Trips To Vegas

I am thinking most suites are kings.

Prepaid? Did not know there was any of that going on.

thanks for the feedback folks. Prepaid simply because it means it can go on our (mine and the missus, she's NOT coming to Vegas) business cc which is in her name. I figure we'll be able to use a different cc at check in for incidentals?

Trips To Vegas

Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image Originally Posted by jimowl Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image
    I figure we'll be able to use a different cc at check in for incidentals?
    You should be able to do that; they should ask when checking you in. Just make sure you remember to mention it if they don't ask.