Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Let's Make a Deal Costume Ideas....

Trips To Vegas

Default Let's Make a Deal Costume Ideas....

OK - since it appears a few of us will at least be TRYING to get into this show, does anyone have any good costume ideas? This is what the website says...........

We encourage all potential contestants to dress in costume. The more original and homemade the costume, the more you’ll catch Wayne’s attention. We’re looking for costumes that are fun and creative! We encourage you not to dress as any recognizable cartoon, television, movie, or other copyrighted characters, or include any items that have designer names, corporate or sports team names or logos, copyrighted images, celebrity names or images (living or deceased), cartoon character images. If you do wear such clothing, and are selected to be a contestant, you may be required to remove it, turn it inside out, or put on additional clothing to cover it.

If you choose to not dress in costume, we ask that your dress in nice, casual attire please. It is very important that you dress nicely as you will be on camera. When you look great, the show looks great! No white clothing, t-shirts, shorts, or hats! Please do not wear any clothing with logos or writing.

So my cheesehead idea is out.....My hubby's softball shirt (although not national) is out.....Witch is out (no hats)............

So how about any ideas from you folks out there..........Obviously the lampshade one night stand won't work now since no hats LOL.

Trips To Vegas

Everyone loves Microsoft Office's "Clippy" character.

Or is that copyrighted???

Trips To Vegas

Well, it's pretty cliche, but what about dressing up as a pair of dice. Also, I think if the hat is part of the costume, it would be ok. I think they mean no ballcaps and such. But I could be wrong. Sounds like a blast! Hope you get picked and win!

Trips To Vegas

Years ago I did a costume for halloween that was "junk drawer in the kitchen"

Wore brown shirt and pants and then glued a bunch of odds and ends, all that stuff that people have crammed in one or two drawers in the kitchen: pens, batteries, paperclips, scissors, tape measure, etc. Even had a "leaky bottle of papermate" on my back.

All the restrictions they have for logos and such are understandable. For some items they would have to get permissions to have them on TV and then for other items they might compete with sponsors, IE: if you wore a "SUBWAY" t-shirt and one of their sponsors was Quiznos.

Trips To Vegas

I was watching that show the other day while I was in the waiting room at the oral surgeon's office and both of the contestants I saw had hats on. One girl had a cowboy hat on and the other lady was dressed up as a fireman and had a firehat on.

Trips To Vegas

How can you find out the dates of taping. How do you get tickets.

Trips To Vegas

Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image Originally Posted by vegasdrea Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image
    I was watching that show the other day while I was in the waiting room at the oral surgeon's office and both of the contestants I saw had hats on. One girl had a cowboy hat on and the other lady was dressed up as a fireman and had a firehat on.
    The mention of "no hats" seems to be listed with the "if you are not wearing a costume" requirements. That gives the impressions that the "no hats" is more so they don't have somebody show up and sit in the audience in a t-shirt, shorts, flip flops and a baseball hat... which seems to be the dress code many people choose while on vacation in Las Vegas.

Trips To Vegas

http://http://www.ocatv.com/shows/show/269

They go out 30 days in advance for tapings. They print as many tickets as people ask for so you have to get there early as it is first come, first served.

I was thinking maybe black dress with a big feather boa, a bunch of dark eyeliner & one of those long cigarette holders like Cruella deVille uses. That way I can just take the boa off & toss it afterwards and not look like a freak. Maybe a champagne glass in the other hand (put some gold crepe paper in it to look like champagne). I can just look like a 'diva'.

Any idea where I can get one of those long cigarette holders? I don't even know what the technical name is for them to find one on eBay.

Either that or I'll try a tie-dye t-shirt, jeans & big hippie sunglasses. It probably won't get me picked, but would be more of a chance than no costume!

My problem is hauling this costume all the way from home of course so I have to make it compact.

Trips To Vegas

Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image Originally Posted by Auggie Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image
    The mention of "no hats" seems to be listed with the "if you are not wearing a costume" requirements. That gives the impressions that the "no hats" is more so they don't have somebody show up and sit in the audience in a t-shirt, shorts, flip flops and a baseball hat... which seems to be the dress code many people choose while on vacation in Las Vegas.
    Right, but the OP mentioned something about not being a witch because it said no hats...I was insinuating that she could probably wear the the witch hat with her costume.

Trips To Vegas

This was my husbands clever idea, take a t-shirt and hot glue those small cereal boxes to it and then paint some blood on it and label it "cereal killer"
    Click or hover your mouse to enlarge image