Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When to Book with Allegiant Air flight?

Trips To Vegas

Default When to Book with Allegiant Air flight?

I have flown with allegiant every time I have gone to Vegas out of Cedar Rapids or Des Moines, IA. Gotten great deals in the past. Never paid over $250. This is because i let the fares dictate when i go. Anyway, We are having a bachlor party over Memorial Day weekend 2009 and I am unsure when to book. Right now its $272 (Friday-Monday), which isnt all that bad. I think it will go down between now and then OR they will run the Buy 2 get 1 free deal. Another problem is, people want to know price before they say they want to go or not. HArd to tell with allegiant. What are others opinion on this? Or in general, what are your own tricks with Allegiant?

Trips To Vegas

My boyfriend lives in Cedar Rapids(temporarily lol) and he scored his ticket for this week on Allegiant for $138 r/t, after taxes and fees it was $184. This was about 3 weeks ago. Are you familiar with airfarewatchdog.com? You can set up your alerts from your departing city and they'll email you anytime fares drop. That's how he caught such a good deal with them. Good luck...

For the past couple years, I've payed close attention to Allegiant fares out of Peoria and Rockford (IL). What I have noticed is that the fares tend to reduce in price the closer in a trip gets. I've had pretty decent luck waiting them out.
    However, if it is a busy flt period, don't expect that to happen.
    Something else to be aware of with their price-structuring are wide swings from day-to-day. A fare could be $179 on Monday, $109 on Tuesday and $209 on Thursday. Don't panic, it will usually come back down.
    With Allegiant, it appears that supply-and-demand is the major factor in fares.
    If you catch them at the right time, $29 one-way fares have even popped up. My goal is usually to find something for $79-$99 (one-way).
    I am going to Vegas in February, but have yet to see much below $119, so I hedged by booking the SWA half-price tickets. If Allegiant comes down to SWA's prices, I'll cancel SWA and book Allegiant.
    With Allegiant, it's become a fun challenge to match wits with them on getting the best deal.

Trips To Vegas

Couldn't agree more about waiting out Allegiant. If your trip schedule is flexible, can find some GREAT fares on direct flights. I check it almost daily from Peoria to Vegas/St. Pete/Phoenix and can tell no discernable pattern other than guessing if a few people book, the price goes up for a while then if the no one is booking, it drops back down. The thrill is somewhat in the chase in that regard.

I think I'm going to give that airfarewatchdog.com a shot to do my work for me. If your schedule is flexible though, you can get some great fares to and from those spots from Allegiant. Problem is, as Iowa suggests, if you HAVE to book a certain weekend, do you lock in early or hope for the discount fares.

Good luck.

Default Jan. 11-15

I only have one experience with allegiant. I booked my package 30 days before flying and got 171 air plus 4 nites in vegas. the next day it was back above 300. Two days ago it was down to 173, today about 300 again. Looks like you just have to check back all the time and take a chance.

Trips To Vegas

My advice - which I followed and got a GREAT deal - is. . . . check back twice a day. I just booked a R/T from Fort Collins, CO to LV for $49 each way. This was on Friday. Earlier in the day, the price was $79 each way, when I checked back I just about swallowed my gum and booked those tickets as fast as I could!!!

Days until Hubby has a convention and I have fun!!!

Trips To Vegas

Not sure where in Iowa you are coming from, but our trip in March we will be in SE Iowa to drop off the baby with grandparents so we have to fly from the area. We found better prices and times flying out of Moline and it's just about the same distance as it is to Cedar Rapids.

We are paying about $500 for the two of us to fly out on another airline, Allegiant is still coming up at over $700 for the two of us.
    Cheetah Girl
    What Happens in Vegas DOESN'T Always Stay in Vegas
    Where's Snerty? It's been more than an hour since he's complimented me!

Trips To Vegas

so what everyone is saying about allegiant they play a game with fares. I have been watching their site for a couple of weeks waiting on flights out of shreveport for feb. 5 the lowest i have seen is $79 to $209. I cant get the pattern down any suggestions?

Trips To Vegas

Default AA

Sugar- I dont think there is a pattern. The only thing i notice is that prices change nearly hourly for flights with in the next month and a half. IF you are booking further out like i want to (memorial day weekedn) they tend to be stable until getting to the 1.5 month range.

A few people from my group booked for the memorial day weekend and 10 minutes later the departing flight shot up $50. So i think they have a program that sets price on the number of empty seat to the number of days until the flight departs. If a group books for flights next weekend you should expect it to go up, unless there are a ton of open seats still.

If you go through booking and select seats but dont actually buy a seat (you select a seat before you pay) you can see how many "avaliable" seats there are. I am not 100% sure if this is accurate because it could simply be people that paid extra for a reserved seat, will show up as a "unavaliable" seats. At any rate, i use that as a gauge to how many seat are left on the flight.

Another thing they do is have the departing flight be cheap (like $29-69) and the returning flights for the next 4 days will be expensive.

When they run the "fly free" promotion which is when you buy 2 tix and a hotel one of the tix is free, they usually jack up their prices to of-set the difference and often its the same if you book the seperately going through Hotwire or priceline...or you can get a better hotel with hotwire or priceline for the same amount of money total. The good thing about that deal is if you are going with an even number of people, you can go two per room for the same price per person as 4 per room, therefore getting an extra room. For instance, 4 of us in December, we flew out of CID, for 3 nights, we stayed at TI for $253pp. It was $253 pp if we booked as 2 seperate parties, or as all 4 together. If you book seperately, each couple will get their own room, whereas together, you get 1 room.

I watch allegiant at least 2x daily for flights. These are the things i noticed. You just have to keep watching.

Sugar,

This may not help you at all but I just returned from my LV trip and I flew Allegiant out of Shreveport. My dates were very flexible so I was able to score a couple of the $29 arrival and departure fares. To get this fare me and my wife were not able to sit together on the plane but that's not really a big deal for us. Our round trip per person price after all taxes and fees was around $90. Not bad deal IMHO.

Just remember that Allegiant does try to nickel and dime you constantly. Just don't pre-select your seat, don't check any bags, don't choose priority boarding. And take your own bottle of water and bag of peanuts on the plane.
    Chris