Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Standard Tip for Limo Drivers?

Trips To Vegas

What would be a standard tip to give the limo driver if you want a limo to pick you up from the airport and drive around for an hour?

Trips To Vegas

All you ever wanted to know about tipping:
    http://www.travel2vegas.com/tipping.html

I usually tip 15-20% for good service from a driver.
    Only two things that money can't buy
    And that's true love and homegrown tomatoes

Trips To Vegas

Thumbs up

As the driver is holding the door for you (your group) to get in, give him a ten or twenty, depending on fee and attitude. Ask the driver to make it nice. If they do well, follow up with more upon leaving the car.

You are in charge and you are paying for the service. Just make it worth the drivers time to give you perfect service.

Your bankroll should be intact upon arrival. If the ride is important (it will set the mood for the arrival) make it worth the drivers time.

Trips To Vegas

Thanks everbody for the great advice. Especially the tips page. I was always confused on whether to tip the bell man bringing ny bags to the Bell Captains desk of wait until they deliver them to the room. From that page I guess i just tip the guy who delivered me to the hotel and then tip the bell man when he delivers them to the room.

Trips To Vegas

Assuming the limo costs $50.00, the standard 15-20% of that is $8.00-$10.00. Giving $10.00 when he opens the door sounds fair. Handing him $20.00 and "possibly more later" seems excessive.
    That's approaching a 50-60% tip!

Trips To Vegas

Thumbs up

I tip well, and get awesome service. To each their own. In March, the tip exceeded the fare by 50%...

Trips To Vegas

Originally posted by bazootch:
    I tip well, and get awesome service.
    For example, the girl in his avatar was originally just going to bring him breakfast...

[img]graemlins/wink2.gif[/img]

Trips To Vegas

Originally posted by doctor_al:
    quote:
    Originally posted by bazootch:
    I tip well, and get awesome service.
    For example, the girl in his avatar was originally just going to bring him breakfast...

[img]graemlins/wink2.gif[/img]
    [/QUOTE]You get what you pay for. So I supersized!

Trips To Vegas

In the Las Vegas limo world, the standard tip from a point A to point B drop is 20 dollars. that is regardless of the # in your party or how long the ride is. If that seems excessive to you that is what the taxi line is there for. A limo provides personal service from a driver who knows the area and can answer your questions in a pleasant manner where you are not treated like part of a herd as you would in a cab.

The circumstances that should generate a bigger tip than 20 are if your driver waited for your late flight, or if you have 3-4 bags on the carousel to haul down and put in and out of the trunk. bump it to 25-30. Also, if you go to a golf course far on the edge of town or Boulder City that should generate the 40-50 range based on the amount of time the driver will be with you and to get back before he can take another run.

Despite any rumors you might hear, limo drivers work for tips. their wage is either minimum or they do not get one depending on if they are a house car for a property or an independent company employee. hope the info helps. Everyone enjoy Vegas

Trips To Vegas

To quote Mrs. Yakamoto in Blind Date

"Fifty percent??