1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

WAX

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Robertintx, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robertintx

Robertintx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume the WAX busses are still running ! At least I hope so.
    They are by far the best and easlest way to get downtown.
    Thanks

2. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They were running in early May, but there were some detours downtown and the pickup location was never certain. getting to DT was not an issue - the pickup location was questionable at times.
    just check the site for any detour notices..

3. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're scaring me! :) I consider the WAX the biggest improvement in Vegas in the past several years. There are small detours listed on the RTC site, but that's nothing unusual.

4. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do the WAX buses run the same routes as the Deuce from the strip to downtown? Or is WAX an airport bus only?
    Never used the bus before, I've seen the Deuce and SDX info online, but must have missed the WAX info.

5. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WAX doesnot run on the strip. It crosses the strip at Tropicana. It is an airport bus, but many of us use it as a fast way to the strip from the airport, from the strip at Tropicana to downtown, from downtown to the strip at Tropicana and of course, to the airport. It is faster than those strip buses. However, it runs just about once an hour and not all day.
    It is also not in that high rate for tickets. It is a residential bus for fares. So, it is much cheaper for seniors with ID. Many of us like that as well. You can find more details here.
    http://www.rtcsnv.com/wp-content/uploads/routes/2014/09/WAX.pdf

6. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I missed the WAX by just a few minutes and found the CX at the stop. This is also an express bus that runs by UNLV.
    It only services Terminal 3.

7. LoveVeGa

LoveVeGa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I stay downtown I would caught the WAX or CX to the airport by the Fremont bus stop which ever come first.
    However the CX go to UNLV transit stop and have to wait there for awhile so it take a longer time to get to the airport.

Also thank you Dewey for your helpful info on the bus system....

8. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried to catch it from Term. 3 a couple weeks ago, but missed it by a couple minutes and took the shuttle over to Term. 1. While waiting for the 108 (I transferred at Flamingo to the 202 on my way to Gold Coast), I was surprised to see the CX. In fact, I asked the driver if there had been a change, but was informed it was going to become the WAX. Yes, it can get confusing at times! :)

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  9. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you Dewey089 for the helpful info on WAX and the website.

On our upcoming trip, since we are not close to Tropicana, I think we will try the Deuce from our hotel to downtown and back.

Thanks again!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.