1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any Changes in M life Hotel Offers after Advancing from Pearl to Gold?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by YOleven, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOleven

YOleven Tourist

Hi everyone.

I just returned from another great trip to Las Vegas, and during the trip I managed to increase my M life tier credit balance from around 30K up to 77K and advanced from pearl to gold. I didn't really go into the trip with any expectations of exceeding the 75K tier credit mark, but I did play quite a bit at M life properties, and purchasing a few show tickets and meals at M life properties certainly helped to build the tier credit balance and augment my credits earned from playing.

Relatively speaking I'm a pretty low level player, so I've been pretty impressed by the M life offers I've received at the pearl level. Even at times when my Vegas trips have been more focused on CET offers and properties and my M life tier has dwindled to sapphire, I still received decent, discounted hotel offers from M life properties. My most recent trip was booked on M life offers alone, and included 2 comp nights at Monte Carlo and 2 comp nights at Mirage (one of my personal favorite properties). That said, for those who have advanced from pearl to gold, did you notice an upswing in the frequency or quality of offers after advancing to the gold tier, or was there not much of a change? I realize that when it comes to players club offerings, it's very much a YMMV situation, but I'm just curious if I should anticipate any changes in the type of hotel offers I receive and would be interested to hear from others who have advanced from pearl to gold.

Since M life tier credits can be earned from both gaming and dining/entertainment spending, my guess is that offers aren't determined strictly by one's tier or credit balance, but also take into account the ratio of tier credits earned through gaming vs. those earned through dining or entertainment spending. In other words, if you have someone with 75K in tier credits earned mainly from gambling and someone else with 75K in tier credits earned primarily from a few nights staying in an expensive room and lavish dining, it would seem logical that perhaps the person who earned a majority of tier credits from gambling may be more likely to receive better offers. That said, I'd estimate that of the 47K tier credits I earned this trip, about 20K were earned through dining and entertainment, while the other 27K were earned through gaming.

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  2. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you spread your play between multiple properties, probably no. If you concentrate your play at one property probably you will get a bit of a better offer.

In all cases considering how difficult the mLife website is, call to book and ask if they can improve any offer you get. You may be surprised. Weekends may be tough but week days may be easier for them. Also, they are much better than CET for back end comps. Even if you don't have a host ask the Front Desk to call one upon checkout to review your play.

Good luck!

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tier Level means nothing when it comes to offers, all that matters is how much you gamble.

The only thing it affects as far as room pricing is higher tiers get a higher MLife Tier Discount. I think for Gold it's usually 20% and Platinum is 25%. I don;t know what it is for the tiers lower than Gold, maybe 15%.

4. vegas crazy

vegas crazy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I must be doing something wrong i never have received an offer by email and I've gambled plenty of my hard earned coin the times I've been in lv probably to do with me being across the pond

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Earning a bunch of TCs from spend isn't going to change your offers at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.