1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Renewing vows in Vegas

Discussion in 'Vegas Weddings' started by dthmj, Jul 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dthmj

dthmj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we go to Vegas in August, hubby and I would like to renew our vows - we want something cheap and fun - with Elvis.

Any recommendations?

We do not need anything fancy - don't even need flowers. But pictures and Elvis "officiating" are musts. And more than likely, it will be just the two of us.

From my research, looks like we will be spending a minimum of $300 - Does anyone know of anything cheaper?

2. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just used "Simple Vegas Weddings" and choose the "elvis" package and did it in front of the Welcome to Vegas sign.

The base price is $249, we opted to buy all the pic which cost us an additional $140...worth every penny!

http://simplevegaswedding.com/packages.php#Elvis

cheers...and have fun!

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably in the $200-300 range is about as low as you will be able to get it.

I would just check the websites of a bunch of different chapels in Las Vegas as most of them have packages and a la carte pricing options and see what you can come up with - if you want to be picked up at the hotel or not, limo or other vehicle, flowers or not, ceremony at the chapel or somewhere else, etc

4. dthmj

dthmj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

I found this place - http://www.aweddingchapelinlv.com/las-vegas/elvis-wedding-packages.cfm - which seems very feature packed and cheap - but they either get fantastic or horrible reviews on Trip Advisor.

The Graceland Chapel gets great reviews - but they don't have live streaming, and I guess I need to decide how important that is to me (we have lots of friends and family online and at home).

5. Badger31

Badger31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're renewing our vows at Graceland Wedding Chapel next Friday. $199 is their base package with Elvis, then you have to figure another $100 in tips. Free RT limo transportation from most hotels too.

6. erikbrick

erikbrick Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    dthmj,

Two years ago, we hired Elvis to perform a renewal in front of the Las Vegas sign. We also hired a photographer to take pictures there and afterward. It worked out great. Elvis is one of the best I have ever seen. His name it Tim Rtichey and his number is listed on his Facebook page with pictures and such. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tim-Ritchey-Elvis-Tribute-Artist/119786068102342 Tim did a great job and even sings a song of your choosing at the end of the ceremony.

The photographer we hired was Eric Ortiz and he did a phenomenal job. He photographed the ceremony as well as went to center strip with us to take pictures at Bellagio fountains, Paris, etc. GREAT guy to work with and his photos are excellent. His rates are very reasonable. His website is http://ericortiz.carbonmade.com/

This was a great option for us and was in your price range. Much nicer than the chapel package deals in my opinion!

7. dthmj

dthmj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quick Update:

We chose "A Elvis Chapel" (yeah, that bugs me too) - http://www.elvischapel.com/

They had a pay in full special - we got the Burning Love package, plus upgraded the flowers - total was $362 (plus tips on the day of). Includes everything I wanted and then some. They got great reviews on Yelp and TripAdvisor. The Elvis is Kent Ripley - looks like he is very busy doing weddings all over Vegas - but from the videos I've seen, he is great.

So we are less than 3 weeks away from our Elvis Wedding - More planning has gone into this than our original wedding 26 years ago (it was a surprise wedding!) - and it was all done on my computer. I'll update the thread when we get back.

8. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    have fun, I'm sure it will be great!

9. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We renewed our vows four years ago, with Kent Ripley, at 702 Weddings. He is amazing. Funny, sweet, and adorable. He sang three songs. We had our vows, and he had "Elvis" vows. I would do it again in a heartbeat. He has several video also on youtube. I think it was somewhere around $500 but not sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.