1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Rock'n Rita's

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by petunia, Sep 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petunia

petunia Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking of getting this reward for a trip coming in November, but read that they were going to tear these out of Circus Circus for Vince Neil's new BBQ place. Anyone know if it will still be there around November 10? Or how I can find out? No mention of it closing on their website????

2. gregster44

gregster44 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking about this for a trip in a few weeks, there was not much posted online about the change from what i can see so not sure if anything is in the works yet.

3. petunia

petunia Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    gregster, please let me know if you make it there! The menu looks good (from the pictures posted) and it sounds like a good value. Just unsure since reading about the changes....

4. vegas738

vegas738 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fyi, there is a Groupon on right now for Rock & Rita's. $15 for $30 or $30 for $60.

5. asti

asti Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have this reward too. We are going middle of October which is about the time of the "40 days" mentioned in certain article I read. So we have also purchased the circus circus buffet as a back up so that if we get there and Rock n Ritas is closed, we can use the buffet instead- not the same but better than the wasted trip. And whichever one we dont use.... refund time :cheers:

6. petunia

petunia Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    asti, would you please post back your experience there??? I have read a couple of blogs saying he was going to do something or the other and then it never happened. So who knows????

7. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. tcmain2

tcmain2 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I used this reward during our last visit. The food is good, nothing spectacular but the portion are generous. Serves was below par, but our waiter did chase use down to return my sunglass. The voucher is worth $50 and we each got an entire, drinks, and we shared a dessert. We didn't get to see the flare bartenders because we went on a Wednesday.

9. Famgel

Famgel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any recent news of possible closing?

Just wondering if anyone heard anything recently on possible closing I purchased from myVegas little concerned!

10. asti

asti Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I will certainly try too :)

11. gregster44

gregster44 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see that you cant redeem this reward anymore since they updated the rewards for circus circus

12. Famgel

Famgel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would anyone know how many chips the "Rock & Ritas" ($50) reward was? Just wondering and forgot to write down they took this offer off recently. Wondering if I should cancel and go with buffet at CC they are now offering. Too much buzz around that they were closing down or being taken over. Thanks!

13. asti

asti Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am pretty sure it was 25,000. If you have the LP get the buffet as well then just refund whichever one you don't use. That's what I am doing!

14. Famgel

Famgel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think your right that's what I thought but my memory isn't what it used to be!!! Thank you so much!

15. Denny

Denny High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally, if you don't have any real reason to go to Circus Circus, don't bother. I was there last Saturday, Sept 28 to use my free buffet rewards and it was marginal at best. We also walked past Rock & Ritas and nothing about the place impressed me either.

16. Eldon

Eldon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CC is probably the last buffet you should go to.

17. weekapaug74

weekapaug74 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a fan of the wings at Rock & Rita's. I used the MyVegas reward earlier this year.

You can usually find a coupon for R&R in 24/7 magazine.

18. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at the CC buffet in June. If you'r looking for 5 stars this is not the place. It's a good buffet with a large selection of food. I did NOT leave here hungry like I did from MGM and Flamingo buffet. Flamingo buffet was lacking of selection and the food was ugggg. MGM was even more of a disappointment b/c of the cost. Went for dinner and gave up on finding anything tasty to eat...or anything to settle for. Will never eat there again.

19. elbee309

elbee309 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rock n Rita's

As the OP asked about Rock n Rita's, thought I'd put in my experience. We ate there Tuesday - I had redeemed the $50 MyVegas food credit last March but didn't use it then. When I checked back now, they said it was still good so used it at Rock n Rita's. Food was very good - service a little slow. I had the pulled pork sandwich, hubby had the meat loaf dinner which was huge - can't remember what others had but with drinks and the credit, our bill was $3.04 for the four of us plus tip. We had planned on eating at the Cafe (?) upstairs but that is now a burger & wings carry-out place.

20. asti

asti Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well we have just redeemed and used the reward on a late lunch. We ordered waaayyy too much food not realising how big the portions were (and the fact that I have a touch of "holiday tum" so was not wanting to eat anyway) The place was dead! All you could hear was a bunch of well i'd have said teenagers but they musta been low 20's acting like complete idiots at the bar just above where we were sat. What I ate was ok- nothing special but ok. (i was sorta wishing we'd used the buffet reward we took too seeing how i was feeling) Would I go back and pay? Nope!
    I noticed that all the staff (including the one who ploughed into my my mother and walker on the ramp- could have been nasty) were wearing tees with Vince neil and Tatuado on the back

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.