1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Zumanity

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by brucky11, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brucky11

brucky11 Tourist

Saw Zumanity. Glad I got free tickets because I would have been upset if I would have paid for them. The show had very funny sexual humor using members of the audience, the rest of the show left much to be desire.

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw it three weeks ago and gave it a 7 out of 10. We certainly didn't leave amazed like we did after Mystere' and Absinthe, but we did enjoy the show. We thought it was the right mix of humor and sexuality.

I was thankful that we had buy one get one free tickets. I would not want to pay $300 for it!

3. PokerFaceNJ

PokerFaceNJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I saw Zumanity last year through MyVegas and were both pleasantly surprised that the show was quite fun. The humor and acts were very balanced to make it enjoyable. We didn't pay anything to see the show so maybe that caused a different perception.

4. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw this last year using MyVegas as well. It was more humor and sexual innuendo than constant Cirque-type acrobatics, but that was fine. I thought it was good for what it is.

I would not put it on my "Must see and will pay full price!" list ("Love" is currently the only thing on that list), but it is on my "We have a chance to see this again without breaking the bank? Let's go!" list.

5. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is why it is a good thing there are a wide variety of shows in Vegas

The CDs shows DH & I have seen are Mystere, LOVE & Zumanity--Zumanity is our fav! It isn't typical CDs--but honestly we find CDs a bit creepy & weird overall.

6. onebud1

onebud1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw Zumanity 2 weeks ago using the Buy one, get one for 10 bucks deal. Most of our group really enjoyed the show, but we did have one couple who seemed offended most of the nite. Ow well, can't please everyone...

7. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is the key to enjoying the Zumanity show.
    1 - Don't pay full price.
    2 - Don't consider it a cirque du soleil show.

8. jmwilson81

jmwilson81 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. We paid full price the first time and still thought it was great. We sat on the first row behind the sofas. That probably makes a difference. We're going again in September on a BOGO offer and sitting in the same spot. We like stuff that is "outside the box".

9. Vega$nut

Vega$nut Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just saw it last week for free through MyVegas and thought it was pretty good. Definitely not like your typical Cirque show but still very good. We were also in the row behind the couches and the couple in front of us was involved in the show. Being so close to the action does help.

10. vegasnut

vegasnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Zumanity is by far the worst show i ever saw in vegas
    Waste of money
    They think they are funny and hilarious and outrageous but they are not:nono:
    The only nice two minutes were the 2 chinese girls in the champagneglass

11. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a big proponent of the idea that expectations are the biggest factor of enjoyment of a show or restaurant or movie.
    Example: If you thought a show would be a 9 but it was a 7, you are disappointed. If you thought a show would be a 5 but it was a 7, you enjoyed it. The same show at the same rating.

That being said, I enjoyed Zumanity. I was surpised how much not-topless stuff there was. I didn't expect so many women would be covered up. Probably due to safety issues with the acrobatics. I thought the humor was good and the different aspects of sensuality was a nice touch. They have acts that I wouldn't necessarily pay to see (drag queen, boy/boy...) but including them in this show seemed to make it complete.

We sat in the first row behind the main walkway. I think that is the perfect spot for most of the Cirque shows because usually there is something happening on the ceiling. It would suck to sit close to the stage and have to turn around to see it. And the entrance parade went real close to our seats.

12. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everyones opinion of shows is different. We have seen every Cirque show in Vegas and Zumanity was my favorite. It just included everything I was looking for in entertainment. Funny, Sensual, Artistic!!!

13. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was it really necessary for you to specifically detail what you 'wouldn't pay to see' by singling out the GLBT-aspect of the show?

14. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get what you're saying. I want to follow the guidelines of the board by being specific and providing details rather than simply saying something such as "There were parts I hated, wouldn't ever recommend the show" (which neither are true, by the way). It makes for a better review for the questioner. Please don't hate me for my honesty.

I do think that the GLBT aspects made for a well rounded show and I wouldn't have enjoyed the experience as much if they were not in it.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  15. vegasnut

vegasnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well if you guys liked zumanity i would say go to frank marino s divas a show i disliked as well( found it a bit better than zumanity though)
    But both a waste of money in my opinion

16. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your opinion has been logged and noted. Thank you.

Moving on...

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.