1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Zipp fizz vs pedialite

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Big dan, Jul 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big dan

Big dan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used pedialite in the past with good results preventing hangovers, I was just at Costco and picked up some zipp fizz and it is a powder you add to your drink that has like 48000% rda of b12 and it advertises rapid rehydration and a bunch of other vitamins. So my question is... Has anyone used this in vegas to prevent hangovers on your trip?

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Our Australian family has always sworn by this now-available-elsewhere "cure all" -- Berocca.

It's the water, studies suggest. But if the panacea effect of the whatever-product gets people hydrating then in a sense it is part of the curative process.

3. johnnytwofingers

johnnytwofingers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I swear by potassium and magnesium, not too much magnesium though you'll get the runs. If you're the type of person that gets the jitters, anxiety, heart palpitations from excess alcohol and lack of food it really helps.

I think the key ingredient of rehydration liquids is the salt? Could be wrong I've never understood that.

4. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The most important ingredients in this product are the electrolytes (sodium, potassium and magnesium), the 100 mg of caffeine and of course the water that you are dissolving it in. The rest of the ingredients are pretty much useless in helping with a hangover...including the touted B12. Sure, the B complex of vitamins would be helpful...if you had a chronic drinking problem(alcoholic); for use after an occasional bout of over indulgence...not much help. The only real difference from Pedialyte is the caffeine in the zipp fizz. You could get about the same amount in a strong cup of coffee. Everything being equal, it should work similarly to the Pedialyte.

Winter break
  5. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never use pedialite but take zip fizz periodically at home and daily when in Vegas. (sometimes twice a day in Vegas along with an energy drink and I get like this.:banana:)
    Didn't know it was potentially useful for hangovers.

Trust me, if you drink too much there is no way to prevent a hangover.

6. Big dan

Big dan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the replies. Of course if I don't drink I won't get a hangover but I'm telling you now that's not happening.:wink2:
    I was just curious if there was a difference between the two. I guess I'll be the test dummy.

7. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Either one would be nice for people that don't check their luggage. Might have to get both for my next trip, and see.

And, I've also picked up Blowfish. It's a morning after deal. Has caffeine, and some other things in it. It acts like Alkaseltzer, and fizzes. Supposed to help settle the stomach.

- - - Updated - - -

Either one would be nice for people that don't check their luggage. Might have to get both for my next trip, and see.

And, I've also picked up Blowfish. It's a morning after deal. Has caffeine, and some other things in it. It acts like Alkaseltzer, and fizzes. Supposed to help settle the stomach.

9. wookie

wookie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First try is poweraid squirt bottle mix. That or similar works wonders. If really bad, hangover haven with their iv bags. Totally worth it and they pick you up at the hotel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.