1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker You know when it sucks to be UP $1000?

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by thecarve, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...when you were up $13,000 24 hours ago! :grrr:

The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat at $5 DDB. Oh well, two and a half days left to get it back. :rolleyes2:

Time to go drown my sorrows in some overpriced (once) pampered cow.

(Guess I shouldn't have celebrated my big run at Society Cafe, Royal Flusher style...either that or I should have ordered something more challenging than a G&T.)

2. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It hurts but as of right now you are still coming back home with all the money you had before you left

Still pretty good to have your next trip already bankrolled

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh, and what did you end up hitting earlier, carve? AWAK? Good luck with the rest of the rollercoaster! :beer:

He still has 2.5 days left on the trip...lol

4. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oooh, that stings a bit. Must have been fun when you hit, though.
    You have time to rally round, carve.
    We have faith in you. :thumbsup:

5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:

The crazy thing was I never hit anything bigger than $4K (aces sans kicker and fours with). I just kept hitting. It probably didnt take more than an hour and a half to sign 7-8 W-2Gs.

Unfortunately, then I decided that I would be the one to hit the royal progressive that was approaching $40k. I'm now down over $6k since my last 4OAK.

And yes, 2.5 days is feeling pretty scary right about now. But, I haven't left Wynncore yet. Perhaps MGM or V/P will help me get my mojo back.

6. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks ardee! I'm off to MGM to try to do my best Sisyphus impersonation. :rolleyes2:

7. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck on your trek to recovering the losses.Hopefully the change in venue will bring Uncle Mo back for ya.

There are a couple instances where I, still to this day, smack myself in the head for allowing a profitable session at the craps table to slip away! Pocketful of blacks and purples and a rack full of greens thinking I was about to cash big. Ha! Yeah, right.

8. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stop being a degenerate $5 DDB player and get back on the BJ tables.:thumbsup:

9. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sucks but that's funny because that's exactly what I was going to say when I read the thread title before opening it.

10. Kickin

Kickin Flea

That definitely blows, I know the feeling. But $5 DDB is going to swing around like that a lot. Getting 8 handpays in 90 minutes must have made it feel like an ATM machine! Good luck for the next couple days.

11. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dude!!! That does suck but hey, that's gambling and that's why you're in Vegas! Next time your up $13k put at least half in the room safe so you at least have that walk of shame back to the room to think about it before taking it back out:poke:

Have a great time buddy and I can't wait to hear all the stories:beer: Dino

12. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Better luck to you!!! My friend's wife is into horses and he told me once, "you know how to end up with a $ million in the horse business?" "Start with $2"

13. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly... Same thing I thought because seriously, there really isn't any other reason I could think of. You know.... Do you guys ever stop and think we're all fuckin nuts?:evillaugh

14. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL. I knew the degenerates would know immediately!

Dino - I did put half back in the safe. I lost the other half after dinner, and the half I put back the next morning. :cry:

Tubbs - I did indeed switch it up. I went to MGM for their sweet DD...unfortunately, the results did not change. BTW - did the MGM games used to be pitch? They're face up now, but for some reason I thought they used to be pitch. But I've slept since then.

Well, I just took a loooong shower to hopefully wash off all the horrible luck. Time to get back on the horse.

Thanks for the sympathy (empathy in most cases, I'm sure), gang!:beer:

15. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have my total empathy.....although I only play $1 DDB. Hit quad aces and not another quad that was over 250 last trip........ouch

You might try the $10 progressive at Wynn......saw Coach K play that for many hours at the end of July.

Hope you get back to the winning side again with lots of quads and especially those kicker quads. And then, there is always triple double bonus......

16. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Arghhhhhh!!! Yes it was pitch just as of 2 months ago. Damn that was the big reason I liked playing it versus the DD games at Aria and Bellagio. :grrr:

17. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just talking to Tellafriend about that today. We're both at the Beau and we're talking about how crazy we gamblers are with the stupid shit we do that sounds good at the time but then when you get home you're like wtf did I do that for? We are definitely crazy.

18. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought so. Yeah that does suck. I guess that leaves TI as the only DD S17 pitch game on the strip? Or am I forgetting something?

I might have to head over there to play...I've been itching to hold the cards. (Though, if I'm honest, I'll probably just get lazy and go to Palazzo for their H17 games.:rolleyes2:). Either way, I gotta drag myself away from the machines! That freaking progressive is killing me. I finally ended my quad drought, but it cost me another two grand (net). :grrr:

F***ing degeneracy!

19. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ain't that the truth. After my great run I was up in my room checking to see what a flight back the next day would cost. That damn two layover flight sounds like a f***ing dream in hindsight!

20. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Now.....that's what you need to be doing:poke::evillaugh:wink2:

That.....is one evil game.

Good lucky Carve, it'll turn... remember what Rusty said in Ocenas 11; "In this town, your luck can change just that quickly"

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.