1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

You have to be a David Chase/Soprano's fan to read the entire article

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish I could totally forget ever watching that show and watch them all over again for the "first" time. Such an awesome show and one of my all time favorites.

4. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I can't tell you how many hours my brothers and friends and I have spent discussing this show and especially the finale. Most of us grew up right in the middle of Sopranos country. This blog post which has been up for a long time is by far the most popular theory and concise arguments. My younger brother is absolutely convinced of the guy's arguments and has even corresponded with the guy about it. It is very compelling, especially the argument from the technical film-making side.

I'm glad this Chase interview still left it open. I think that is the way it should be. When I read that first link I was kind of "crushed" to read Chase gave a definitive answer. I'm glad to see they corrected it and that he wasn't actually saying anything new.

5. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree! I am like that with The Sopranos and The Wire. Although I have gone back and re-watched them both from start to finish several times and each time I pick up something new.

I dislike how pissy Chase gets when people ask about certain things, mainly the ending. I realize Chase is a way out of the box writer but when you're the steward of what was and still is one of the best shows on TV the repeated questions come with the territory. Additionally when you write an ending like that - the questions will be never ending.

I never forget when it ended I let out the biggest "what the eff!" and I thought that DirecTV was acting up...and then the credits started rolling. Me and my buddies were immediately on conference calls talking about it. I was in Philly at the time and sports radio the next day was zero sports and all Sopranos.

Then I held out hope that they'd do a movie...sigh.

6. touche22

touche22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved Northern Exposure as well

7. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The episode with Christopher's intervention is one of the best things I've ever watched, period. It was funny, and disturbing, and compelling.

My husband and I have very different tastes in TV and usually watch things in separate rooms, but every Sunday night we'd watch The Sopranos together. The only show since then that we did that with was Breaking Bad.

Vegas Just Because...
  8. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know this is blasphemy, considering my avatar, but Breaking Bad was absolutely an incredible show, maybe better than The Sopranos. I think that the major difference is that I binge-watched Breaking Bad on Netflix, whereas with The Sopranos there were those hiatus breaks that made waiting for the next episode extremely tense and exciting.

9. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breeze, if you could change your avatar, would you be Mike Ermantraut, Hank or Walt?

I just binge watched Breaking Bad for a second time thanks to Netflix, it was better than the first time due to the continuity. You probably saw that Bryan Cranston, Anna Gun, and Aaron Paul won Emmy's and it also won best drama. What a sweep, but I have to give the nod to the Sopranos.

Wow, this analysis is pretty incredible.

10. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't watched Breaking Bad or Mad Men yet but I will be buying them soon.

The long breaks in Sopranos were excruciating.

11. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To answer your question, I just bought a Heisenberg tee shirt. The dialogs between Walt and Jessie are treasures of acting skill!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.