1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Yet more vintage Las Vegas images ...

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by dmr, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. vegaskelz

vegaskelz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love vintage photos from LV. I have been looking for some of these to frame in my home.

3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These are the best I think I've ever seen, at least for full-color non-bastardized images!

I did download the bunch, and I'm planning to clean them up a bit (more) with Neat Image and try some prints. I particularly like the two views of downtown, one day, one night, about half way down in the page. Especially the one with the Mint/Binion's/and the corner of The Fremont. (Gogi Grant? Haven't heard that name in decades!) It reminds me very much of my first trip to LV except the Plaza has not been built yet. :)

That particular one almost looks clean enough to do a 11x14 or even 13x19 of it. I'm sure whoever scanned them did some processing on them, perhaps with Genuine Fractals or something like that. They are exceptionally clean and clear for what appear to be postcard scans! Most shots of that vintage show their age, unfortunately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.