1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

X - Files Returns !!!!!!!!!?????

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe Strummer, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Wow........
    Can anyone think of a TV series that came back after
    20 yrs (?)or more ? - for a new run - not a reunion -
    and included the original two stars ?
    I can't ?
    I'd like to know more about how this happenned ?....and why ?
    In it's BIG days -- I was always working nights + only
    got to see one or two X -File shows.
    I became a fan of the show - thru reruns.
    Episodes to run this summer.

2. topcard

topcard Older than the Stardust!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking forward to it...from what I understand, it's a limited run of 6 episodes...so, really more like a mini-series.

I can't recall many TV shows coming back after 20 years, but there have been a few that did it... Twilight Zone & Outer Limits both did it, but those had no recurring characters.
    'Dallas' was pretty close to 20 years, and Bobby & JR were there for the first few episodes.
    Seems like Columbo came back after a long time period (10-15 years?) & did 5 or 6 TV movies.

Anyway - as for X-Files, I'm anxious to see how they wrap up some of the loose ends they left hanging... like Mulder & Scully's kid...like the fact that we're supposed to have already been invaded by aliens in December 2012, resulting in world-wide calamity... and what happened to 'purity' & and the batch of super-soldiers?
    And, with Mulder & Scully no longer FBI agents, how will they bring them back? Especially Mulder, who left on particularly bad terms.
    Oh well...whatever they do, I'm sure it will be fun!
    :beer:

Seems like forever from now, but the flights are booked, so it counts!
  3. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, I just read this morning that they are reviving the show Coach with Craig T Nelson returning.

4. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The truth is out there....we may have had to wait a while to find it, but it was only a matter of time. I enjoyed this show....looking forward to the Return.

- - - Updated - - -

I hadn't heard about this....loved this show...would like to see it come back.

5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup "coach" comes out of retirement to become an assistant coach to his son at an Ivy League school. Supposedly only Nelson is back from the original cast. NBC gave it a 13 episode commitment.

I never watched one episode of XFiles, I assume it's on Netflix or something similar, I should check it out.

6. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh X-Files. I was such a fan for the first few seasons and then I wasn't sure why I was still watching at the end. :)

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's how it is for many shows, it seems as if they end too late rather than too early. But you keep watching because you want to see how everything turns out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.