1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

WSOP Main Event Payouts

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by bribhoy, Jan 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bribhoy

bribhoy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been announced that the first prize guarantee has dropped from 10 million to 8 million, but a bigger change is that they are guaranteeing that 1,000 players will cash. Last year, with nearly 7,000 entrants they paid just under 6,700 players, with a min cash of $18,000 so I guess if they're paying another 3,000 players, that min cash will be smaller unless they get a much bigger field. It looks like they want more entrants by offering a greater chance to at East get your money back.

This increased opportunity to cash is not going to get me to risk $10,000 on my meagre poker skills, and I wondered what difference you all thought this change might make to the size of the field? Does the change tempt anyone to play who otherwise wouldn't have?

Bright light city's gonna set my soul...
  2. macwjp

macwjp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The change was made based on feedback from players that frequently play these kinds of events. Many found payouts to top heavy. I don't think the changes were made to entice more people to play the event, it was more meant as a structure improvement based on feedback (or that is at least how it is being positioned). In last years main event there were only 693 places paid (with 3 people splitting money for 693rd placing) with the min cash being $18,135. This year there is no guaranteed prize pool, the guarantee is that if at least 5000 people register to play then a minimum of 1000 people will make the money. There are a few different write ups out there (google it) that also include possible payouts based on a registration level similalr to last year where a min cash might be in the neighbourhood of $15000. Doesn't make me want to play but should make things more interesting for the regulars.

3. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The size of the field will stay the same. It won't really entice many more to come out. Make the November 9 you're guaranteed $1 million based on the article on WSOP's website.

The enticing one is the opening weekend called the Colossus with the $565 buy in.

4. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The size of the field will stay the same. It won't really entice many more to come out. Make the November 9 you're guaranteed $1 million based on the article on WSOP's website.

The enticing one is the opening weekend called the Colossus with the $565 buy in.

5. macwjp

macwjp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Full schedule was released today. Based on the notes the field size must reach 6683 approx. to guarantee final table 9 get at least 1 million.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.