1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wow, I've become SO Vegas-stupid

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

I'm thinking about the upcoming Vegas junket, and realized that as totally as I knew the valley during the heyday of our excursions and my writings, I might've slipped even farther the other direction, into the Valley of the Woefully Unknowing. Wow. Times change, interests change, opportunities change. Wow. I mean, the systemic architecture really hasn't been tweaked. But the minutiae just ain't there.

Time to learn all over again, for the first time!

2. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Ken,
    I haven't been to Vegas in 3 yrs !
    And alot of the stuff being discussed on this board
    was NOT around on my last trip.
    Welcome to the OLD,NEWBIE CLUB.

3. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hear you! I was there last year. I still haven't made it to Mandalay Bay! Now there's Cromwell, Aria, Linq, Vdara, etc. I'll never make it to all of them in one weekend.

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Our last "real" trip gave us CityCenter immersion. But no Cosmo, and I want to see what was done to put a dress on a pig over on the Imperial Pallor side of the street. Thankfully I've been able to at least keep a slight bit of nose under the corner of the golf tent by making stops going through town to other places. I guess given our tastes the big shocker is going to be how extremely far behind the curve we are on the food scene. And I look forward to checking out downtown. Haven't done much there since Fremont East got going.

Amazing how you fall behind when you occasionally drive through town rather than visiting every three to five weeks.

5. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We visit every three to four months for five days at a time and still cannot keep up with all the new restaurants. Usually try to catch a couple of our favorites plus try some new restaurants and cannot catch up on the dining scene.

6. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been going roughly once a year since '06 and one of my favorite parts of every subsequent visit is the constant change combined pockets of familiarity.

Last trip as a non-parent...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.