1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wow! Encountered my first horrible telephone SWA person today

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Jul 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We decided to change our Nov flight from Tampa and go to Vegas instead. I fly as my wife's companion, at least until the end of the year, so I called to make a change. We had EB and the only way to do this on-line is to cancel the flight and rebook and then you lose your EB money.

So I call in as I have done at least 6 times this year to ask to change flights but keep EB and to rebook using the online fare rates. It has never been a problem before. They look up the online fare and rebook.

Damn, I wish I would have got a name, because this woman gave me attitude from the beginning of the call. Bottom line, she wouldn't give me the internet rate. I stated I have always been able to do this. Her reply: it must have been a one time (6) thing.

So I hung up and redialed. Got a different person and in 5 minutes every thing was taken care of.

I still like SWA, just venting!

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yikes! Sorry to hear about that...smart to just get another agent, than bang-your head against the wall.

3. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, it's good that it took you a long time to find a nasty one!! FYI since I tend to not pay attention sometimes and often when they greet you they talk softlyor mumble, I always ask them to repeat their name and write it down with the time.

Speaking of hanging up and getting another person, I was quoted a great price at GS last year. I got her name and when I called back to actually book the room, I told the girl when I had called and whom I spoke with and she commented, "She must have given you the $17.50 rate," so my assumption is that they have more than one price that they can quote you. So I guess you might be able to call several times, get different clerks and perhaps several different prices?

Jimbo338

4. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You rebook the same flight every month?

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol, no, but we have/had 22 one way flights this year, so things change. We book one-ways instead of RT because SWA prices change so much and it is easier that way to rebook for credit.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  6. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you book one way for any and all your trips?

In the long run about what percentage do you save?

Just wonder because sometimes the hassle isn't worth the savings.

7. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lose Early Bird???

I had a trip planned for Oct for 2 of us to fly SWA from Orlando to Burbank and then from Burbank to Denver and finally Denver to Orlando all in the same week.

I cancelled that trip and 2 rental cars in favor of taking a Nov round-trip from Orlando to LAX. I called SWA to change the flight(s) because it seemed complicated.
    The lady talked me through it over the phone, everything was fine and we didn't loose any of our Early Bird status or funds. I've never heard of that one before.

8. Mitkraft

Mitkraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not called CSR Roulette for no reason! LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.