1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Women Need your help with a hair problem

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by DeeDee, Jun 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeeDee

DeeDee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok just got back from spending 6 days in Vegas. I don't have this problem at home but after washing my hair there it goes flat and full of static electricity. I am usually able to wash my hair the night before and in the morning its fine. But there I wake up and its flat and fly away. Even tried not to use conditioner. I also brought my own products. Any suggestions for next time.

2. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find the water there makes my hair super soft - so I do think you need some serious styling products before drying - like root lift spray. I use one by Big Sexy Hair. As for the static- try using John Frieda's "secret Weapon" finishing balm. My girlfriend used to work on all the movie sets here in Vancouver and she said that specific cream was in EVERY single set truck and used by the stylists.

I spent $200 to get a blow out at the Claude Baruk salon at Wynn. Looked great, but by the time I made it to the front desk to pay & get my pic taken with Claude Baruk - it had already flattened - somewhat resembling a drowned rat - then by the time I made it back to my room, all the curl had come out as well - haha!! I had to back comb and restyle just to get it Vegas big for my tastes~

Good luck!

3. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being a straight guy, I don't know who Claude Baruk is, though I just Googled him and saw he's mostly bald. That reminds me of the time I saw a dermatologist about 30-some years ago about my hair loss. When he entered the examining room, he asked, "How may I help you?" Seeing that he was bald as the proverbial cue ball, I replied, "I don't think you can!"

Anyway, Ms. Gecko and I both notice that our hair (even mine being what's left) behaves MUCH BETTER in Vegas than home in Atlanta. We attribute that to the extremely low humidity there vs. rainforest here, so we find it particularly interesting that better Vegas hair obviously don't extend to everyone.

4. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry - duplicate post.

5. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have the same problem!

6. pikabu

pikabu Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have found that using something like Dove Nourishing Oil is very helpful. Solved my problem like many of you have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.