1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Woman dies after falling off rollercoaster

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by weluvvegas, Jul 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://us.cnn.com/2013/07/20/us/texas-roller-coaster-death/

I grew up going to this Six Flags...I remember my dad told me to look for bodies in the lake as I was waiting in line for my first ride ever on the Judge Roy Scream when I was like 8. He would joke that they were the bodies of people who had fallen off. Now I live about 45 minutes away but had considered taking the kids there before school starts.

I can't imagine the horror this woman experienced when her bar gave way and she fell to her death. Ugh, it makes me sick to my stomach. I hate to live my life in fear but as I get older, so many more things make me nervous. I don't like roller coasters anymore -- as we were going up the steep hill on Expedition Everest at Disney World last month, our train stopped abruptly for about 30 seconds. I think I peed a little. I've ridden that coaster at least 6 times in the past and I still was a nervous wreck. I won't ride space mountain anymore because the cars are so tiny, it wouldn't take much to fall out. I hate heights...I won't do the Eiffel Tower in Vegas and hell no I won't do the NYNY ride either. I've traveled all my life and flown but now I can't stand flying.

I know my chances of getting hit by lightning on a clear day are probably higher than being injured or killed on an amusement ride or in a plane crash but I just can't help it. I guess I watch too much TV or something. I can't say that this incident in Arlington has helped my anxiety at all!

40th Birthday Bash!
  2. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We live about 30 minutes from Six Flags Over Texas and we always got season passes every summer for the whole family. Many great times there. We have ridden that ride many times but not since it was redone.

They still aren't giving out much info on what happen or the women's name.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.