1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wo Ho! Packers sign Peppers!!

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Joe, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  2. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let's just hope for the Packers that he can become relevant again. Really declined last year with only 7.5 sacks. Bright side is they got him for little to nothing as far as cap hit ($3.5M) is concerned so if he is irrelevant again this year it won't hurt them to cut him loose.

3. Motorcat

Motorcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Peppers is box of rocks dumb and well past his prime. (apologies to boxes of rocks everywhere)

Me thinks your going to be disappointed

4. brownies95

brownies95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank God someone signed him before the Cowboys did! At this stage of his career he is on the downhill slide and not worth the type of money that the Packers signed him for.

I think this signing had more to do with the fact that he will now get to face his old team da bears twice a year!

Tim:peace:

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dunno about his IQ, but I disagree he's "well past his prime"... he may be on the backside of his career, but I think he's a GREAT pick-up for the Packers.

And waz-up Motorcat, I thought you Carolina boys stick together???

6. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pepper being released was a salary cap move. He still has talent. God knows the Packers need defensive players
    Same as my Eagles. Sproles(NO) was a nice pickup, but we need more Jenkins(NO) and Nolan Carrol(Mia) and other defensive players.
    :peace:

Superbowl Baby
  7. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Joe .... You must know that the Bears did not just kick Peppers aside for no reason.
    He was in decline last year, and not making the big defensive influence he had in the past. The Bears cut him loose, and picked up a couple guys that are tougher, meaner, and faster than Peppers ... although maybe not smarter.

Should be interesting to see him play against the Bears in the upcoming season.

Go Bears !!! :thumbsup:

8. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In his 4 seasons with the Bears the only time Peppers touched Aaron Rodgers was to shake his hand after the game. Good riddance to Mr. Irrelevant!

9. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Peppers was being blocked with tightends and he still couldn't produce numbers.
    Good luck with that.

10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reggie White was 31 when the Packers signed him and look how that turned out!:poke:

Not saying Peppers is another White, but we desperately need help on defense and GM Thompson is notorious for avoiding the free agent market. It feels like a good move, that coming from me, a 25+ year season ticket holder!:thumbsup: Or, it could just turn into another crappy season. Win the division AGAIN :poke: (4th year in a row) and lose in the playoffs.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  11. imheids

imheids Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The men in my house are very excited about the Peppers deal! Life stops for Packers games around here. We bleed Green and Gold!!!

12. IowaRyan

IowaRyan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Make sure you know what his uniform number is so you can see he is actually on the field, generally he won't do anything to make the announcers mention his name.

13. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What am I missin? He had 34.5 sacks in the last 4 years in Chicago and 118.5 for his career!!! He sure as hell can't be held responsible for the Bear's woes... I see he only had 7 last year... bad year or the new Peppers? I guess we'll see.

BTW... I'm a Raider fan and haven't seen good football in 30 years, so I have no idea what I'm talking about!!!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  14. Rush

Rush High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bears fans a funny lot.

Peppers might not be a good "fit" for you guys anymore, but maybe you guys can't remember (since this is the off season), how piss poor the Packers defensive line has been lately? Peppers can only help.

I remember when people laughed about the Packers picking up a washed up Charles Woodson, too.

15. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He will help but he had a rep for not showing up in his games in his prime and didn't exactly live it down when he was in Chicago. He really wasn't present for a lot of the season last year. At the beginning we thought it was taking longer to get revved up but later in the season he was there but not there a lot too.

16. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only thing you forgot here is that Woodson is a Michigan man so he was never washed up! :nono:

17. Roccoscollar

Roccoscollar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Motor ain't no carolina boy. We are both NC State Wolfpack and have a hatred for the tarholes. ThAt being said Peppers is the one that had is college transcript online and showed that UNC had fake classes to keep him eligible.

He's definitely on the downside of his career. As long as the packers didnt invest too much in him could be ok pick up.

18. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If he gets arrested for DUI, the Pack will have a Pickled Peppers. :evillaugh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.