1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wireless Phone

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jimbo338, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just moved my workship and called the telephone co to change my phone. I was told the fee was $60 if the connection was on the outside of the building plus $120 for the first 30 minutes if the guy has to go inside (mine would be inside, of course). So I went to the Verizon store where they have a thingie that costs $20/month that you plug any phone into and go into the Verizon wireless network and make unlimited calls anywhere in the US. It has a 2 year contract. You can also take this unit with you, like when I go to LV, plug it in and make and receive your calls as if you were home. Has anyone subscribed to this? How is the service and I'd appreciate your comments pro and con.

For $50 more I can add internet service with 2GB of data. This can also be taken with you, plugged in and used as you would at home. With tax I'd be paying about $75/mo for unlimited calls and internet service. there is a 2 year contract as well, and if I don't use 2 GB I can save $10/mo and drop to 1 GB. Adding and dropping GB can be done repeatedly month to month if usage changes withing the monthly charge period. Does anyone have this service? If so, are you satisfied? I'd appreciate comments pro and con. I think I am going to choose one or the other this afternoon.

My internet usage consists of me checking in here several times a day and posting as I choose, reading news and stories of interst, craigslist classifieds, random purchases and get Purchase Orders for business. I sometimes watch youtube stuff but never movies. I'll appreciate any comments. Thanks!
    Jimbo 338

2. win4me

win4me Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you clarify-- is this a workshop at your house? If so, will you be disconnecting your land line or will this just be an additional phone to use in the workshop?
    Reason I am asking is there are limitations with that Verizon wireless home phone. My dad signed up for this service at Costco. He had to cancel right after service started because his Life Alert did not work on the system. Also, he called me when he had the service and connection was not very clear.

I would just make sure you could cancel the service and not lose any $$ if the service is poor at your location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.