1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Winning before you even start

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by The Furry One, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Furry One

The Furry One Low-Roller

Jun 30, 2011
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always nice to chalk up the odd 'win' or two before you're even on the plane to the finest holiday destination on the planet.

With 2½ years having passed since our last trip and knowing it hadn't been a good trip for me gaming wise when I went to check the bankrolls for the upcoming vacation I fully expected to be making a trip to the bank for a top-up to mine. Win #1 was finding I had roughly $1k more than I had thought ... result, no top-up required after all even if it is toward the lower end of the range I am comfortable with. Win #2 would have also been secured had herself not decided that her bankroll being just a couple of hundred less than mine was simply not cricket so I had to make a trip to the bank after all - God forbid we ever go to Vegas with me having more gambling money than her :D

Hadn't even checked our B Connected accounts over the past couple of years but did take a look for any offers prior to booking a few weeks ago and both of us had obviously fallen off the radar as there were no comp rooms at all :( Oh well, these things happen and at least herself was happy enough with me signing her up for the 'free' slot tournament which just happened to coincide with our arrival. Win #2 was logging in last week to find my account now had an offer for 3 free nights + $25 food (still no free room offers for the wife even though the reservation is linked to her players card for the slot tourney), phoned the Orleans yesterday evening and no problemo, Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights at the end of the trip are now linked to my players card and complimentary.

So with a combination of the above, me having had my Hawaiian birthday anniversary at the beginning of the month (therefore now able to take advantage of being a 'Senior' at Boyd props) and MyVegas providing us with free buffets at Bellagio & Aria along with tix to Zarkana plus whatever herself can manage to 'earn' before we jet off this already feels like a winning trip.

So despite the memories of the beating I took last time I'm now all ready to head to Vegas in a fortnight with a Positive Mental Attitude :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.