1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Will we like KA?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by KKB, Jun 14, 2016.

1. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, we have free MyVegas tickets.
    We loved Mystere, Love & Zumanity--have seen each of those 2x.
    We found Zarkana to be a big snoozefest...to us it felt like the acts that didn't make the cut for the other shows. I think a female juggler impressed us...but otherwise we BOTH dozed off during the show.
    I continue to pull up You Tube videos of KA...meh, the "acts" seem repetative from other shows, the vertical stage is kinda cool, the story line typically Cirque bizarre.
    I guess maybe I have talked myself out of it, but I am curious of other's opinions. I have read reviews, but I find opinions I get here are more reliable.
    Thanks!

2. blackjacker2

blackjacker2 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved it and would highly recommend. Of course there is some repetitive stuff if you've seen other Cirque shows, but this is different and I was blown away by the set and the performances. I had a great seat and I think that helped.

3. kboltwkreations

kboltwkreations Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw it when it was longer and I got bored towards the end until the "fight" scene. Think it has changed since then though as I saw it pre accident.
    I loved Zarkana though, and didnt like Zumanity, so you might like it if you like following a story.

Best one is MJ at Mandalay Bay i think. Very upbeat and engaging.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you need a story to follow, you will like Ka'. Otherwise, is just "another Cirque show".

Seen it three times, before the restaging, after the re-staging and after the re-restaging. If I had to pay to see it, I would have been unhappy.

New Orleans 7* retreat. Food, food, and more food . . . .
    Tentatively Tahoe or LV . . . .
  5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally, I would not try to guess what someone would like. But, with your background, I would say yes. I would also consider MJ One.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We enjoyed the ones you've mentioned, but hated KA.

KA seems to get reviews at both ends of the spectrum, but almost always at the end of the spectrum. People seem to either love it or hate it.

At this point I think your obligated to see it.

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  7. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we very much enjoyed KA, but enjoyed Mystere a lot more

8. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think KA is the better Cirque show.

9. chantellevegas

chantellevegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen every Cirque show in Vegas (except Cris Angel because he sucks) and rate them as follows if it helps:

1. Love
    2. MJ One
    3. Mystere
    4. tied with "O", Zumanity and KA. I found O and KA incredibly slow and boring, though the major acts are exceptional.. if you can stay interested.

10. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I'm in the latter camp as well. I've even seen it twice on comps, the second time because I was fairly drunk the first time and thought I was missing something.

For me, the 'story' just adds boring stretches between the acrobatics acts, and the performances themselves aren't that impressive. It's a bad sign when the part I found most amusing and memorable was where two of the performers make elaborate shadow puppets together (then again, my favorite part of the likewise lackluster Zarkana was the artist who quickly made shadow sculptures out of sand, so who knows).

Having seen all the Cirque shows on the Strip except for MJ (but including La Reve), this is honestly my least favorite. Yeah, I'd even rather see Chris Angel again, and that's not even a Cirque Show - at least I wasn't bored as much during that!

11. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The stage is creative and unique enough that you will enjoy the show.

12. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We liked Mystere, thought "O" was incredibly boring, and absolutely love LOVE (have seen it 12 or 13 times now - lost count).

But KA was the worst. If we weren't in the middle of a very long row (and didn't want to disturb others view) we would have left. I wouldn't see it again if they gave me the best seats in the house comped. That's how much we disliked it.

13. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shows my wife and I like in Las Vegas
    Love, Mystere, KA.

O = over-rated

As people have stated, KA is a Cirque show, but the moving stage is a twist.

We have probably seen eight or nine Cirque shows(maybe more), which includes the traveling Cirque shows and shows in Orlando. Each one has something unique to it that I find cool.

Since you seem to enjoy the Cirque shows, I think you will like KA.

14. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went in March with free tickets for staying at the MGM and I thought it was slow. I think I might have dozed off at one point. The battle scene was interesting but if I had paid for the tickets i would have been disappointed.

Mark

15. benbrownjr

benbrownjr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Simple answer, if you remember watching kung fu theatre as a kid, that's KA.

16. PokerFaceNJ

PokerFaceNJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was nervous before going to seek Ka myself as the reviews really appeared polarized...either people loved it or hated it. Seems my wife is more on the side of the other posters and hated it. I LOVED it! I saw Love and Zumanity as well and thought this was the best easily. The story is wonderful...the artistry is beautiful...I loved everything about it. Sometimes you just gotta dive in as it is difficult to gauge with all the reviews.

17. Edserv

Edserv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple family members have gone twice- (I've never been). Maybe I should check it out while they're giving away the shows on MyVegas and sometimes when I book rooms.

18. hail2skins

hail2skins Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the moving stage is the thing that made KA really interesting to me, and why I think its the show which theoretically should have the more widespread appeal of the Cirque shows. I really like the music of the Beatles, but I found Love to just be listening to their songs while the people on stage danced around with props. I also think Le Reve, while not an official Cirque show, is also very good.

19. landsburger

landsburger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't worry and don't watch YouTube clips. Why ruin it?

I'm not a typical Circ fan. Enjoyed Love and Zarkana. Hated O.

The Ka set and staging is amazing. Story didn't blow me away, but it was beautiful.

20. Bunnypanda

Bunnypanda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you can get free myVegas tickets then go because it will be free and something to do. MJ One far exceeds KA though and if you want to see a great show, see that instead.

• Disagree Disagree x 1