1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Will using my EC's to buy advance show tickets affect my ADT?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by BnV226, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BnV226

BnV226 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,
    I want to purchase advance show tickets at an MGM prop for a late-march stay. I have about $200 in EC's I want to use before MGM decides to do another audit and mysteriously take them away.

My question is, will using my EC's over the phone affect my ADT at all? I don't chase comps but I play to maximize them. I don't want to wait until I get to the hotel to purchase for any number of reasons (sold out, worse seats, etc.)

I know at first this seems like a silly question, but with all the nonsense Mlife is pulling lately (I just read the thread on MyVegas rewards being possibly counted as a comp:eek:), I thought I'd ask.

Also, has anyone had any luck using EC's to purchase show tickets that had a discount to them. Zarkana tickets are currently on sale for 20% off through March and I wanted to purchase the tickets at a discount. And yes, I know Zarkana is not the best, but my wife and I have seen all the other shows already.

Thanks in advance,
    BnV:peace:

2. LAV

LAV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First, I am not sure if you could apply ECs for purchases over the phone, so you might want to check.

Second, yes, you can apply ECs toward discounted show tickets. It's a method of payment, so you tell the agent you want to apply ECs to your purchase. The benefit of this is that there won't be a convenience fee charge when using ECs, at least the last few times I used them about a year ago unless that has changed.

Third, yes, using your ECs does impact your ADT, especially if you use them and not show action. I did not realize this before when I decided to drop in an MGM property to use my ECs to pay for meals while staying at a CET prop where I was showing action.

I was later informed by my host how I had a "trip" and showed no action. I asked when, and when they told me something like Feb 17, 18 and 19, I realized that those were dates when I just used ECs and did not play.

3. BnV226

BnV226 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info...
    a little more research into the matter made it not worth it to buy the tickets in advance (or not at all). I'll wait till this show hits the T4T booths.

Thanks again,
    BnV:peace:

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In theory, it should not cause a hit. But, the computer see's activity I guess and WHAM!

Even if somebody told me it did not, I would still not do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.