1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Will I lose my comped rooms if i cancel and rebook?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by georgewalskin, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgewalskin

georgewalskin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have booked a few nights at IP this week. Then staying downtown in the weekend.

Then I have to book rooms from August 20- August 30 or 31st. The thing is in my total rewards, I have comped rooms for 2 days only on the weekdays. So at first what I did was booked 2 nights comped online at Flamingo the 20th and 21th. I then decided to book IP from 22nd-31st on the phone as I could not book it online due to the 72 hour glitch on total rewards.

Problem here was the rates i got quoted on the phone was much higher than the online rates. The thing was even if i book August 20- August 31st on the phone at IP... it would cost more than as if i booked it online. So I wasn't going to do this.

So what I then did was cancel my Flamingo comped rooms for 20 and 21st. I then booked IP online from August 22nd- August 31st using the rate calendar. I then called Flamingo and asked if i could use a code for 2 comped nights for the 20th and 21st. Interestingly enough... they told me I can and i thought this is great.

The thing is right now I want to change my IP reservation from August 22nd- August 31st to August 22nd- August 30th. The thing is this. If i cancel my IP reservation first... then I cannot book the IP reservation online. I would like this as then my flamingo comped rooms wouldn't get touched at all. The only way to do this is cancel my flamingo reservation on the phone. Then i would cancel my IP reservation on the phone and book it again immediately online for August 22nd-August 30th.

My question is... if i do this... is there a chance when i call back flamingo within like 30 minutes of cancelling it and try to rebook it... that i would not be able to get those 2 comped rooms on the 20th and 21th? The thing is i have done this before and the comped rooms showed up again. The thing was i had booked those comped rooms ONLINE earlier and then cancelled it but when i called flamingo to book those 2 dates using a free comped room code... they said they see it as comped. So does that mean there is a chance i would lose these comped rooms at flamingo if i cancel again?

And the reason why i'm doing this is because the rates are very high for labor day weekend and at the moment, i see a deal where i could get 3 days pretty cheap at the moment so I'm playing around with the dates.

2. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, now I am dizzy. I would think the best person to ask would be your host, but I may be wrong.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  3. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no idea what you just said. You ought to get on the phone and find out for sure....whatever it is you're asking.

4. georgewalskin

georgewalskin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Summary

-Wanted to Book August 20-31st
    -Saw I had comped room for Flamingo for 2 nights on weekday
    -Booked IP online August 22nd-August 31
    -Booked Flamingo on phone comped for August 20 and 21
    -Want to now book IP only from August 22nd-August 30 and only way to do this would be cancel flamingo comped rooms and IP reservation so i could book the IP from 22nd-30th and want to know if there is chance flamingo comped rooms would be gone.

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well first things first it sounds like you are doing a lot of guess work on what may happen based on what happened when you tried to book originally.

What I would do is:
    - Don't touch the Flamingo reservation now since its what you want
    - PHONE IN to Imperial Palace with your confirmation number and just tell them you want to change your reservation from Aug 22-31 to Aug 22-30

Don't be afraid to phone in, its not like they are going to say "You again? Phoning in and changing your reservation? Buddy when you get here I am going to follow you around and taunt you over this!"

All you are doing is changing a reservation you already have and cutting it short by one day, the hard thing would be if you were actually trying to extend it a day.

Once you've phoned in and requested they shorten your stay at the IP if they have a problem with your Flamingo reservation then, and only then, do you need to worry about maybe having to cancel the Flamingo part and shuffling and rebooking everything.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As said, do NOT cancel it online. The other offer you want could disappear at exactly the same minute and you will have NOTHING.

Just call in.

And, another thing. Try to keep it simple George.

7. garrisonsmama

garrisonsmama Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The way I interpret that is that the only thing you want to change is to leave one day earlier. If that is the case, simply go to the desk and check out. I wouldn't change the reservation.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats to you for figuring out the OP. If that is the real question, then I would just leave it alone as well. Change it when you get there.

9. wroberson

wroberson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The late cancel might be the problem.

I was originally going to the Rio March 19, to March 25th. But a couple of weeks later I found airfare for $229.58 and saved over 120 per ticket. I called the Rio and explained the situation and they changed the reservation to March 20, to March 26 at no cost even though the reservation had a no change clause.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.