1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Wifes account blocked

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by TOUR, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOUR

TOUR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wife has just had her Facebook account blocked because they think it might be a false name or something. To get back in they have given a sort of questionaire which asks you to identify some of your friends, well we do know a few but not many. We are both pensioners who are using Myvegas to earn some rewards when we get to Vegas. Looked into Facebook rules & security and did not realise that you had to know your mutial friends. We obviously are not the only ones, when you see some with 60+ friends. We had lots of requests to become friends and just thought the more the merrier plus we put some requests ourselfs. Thought we might of had an email or some kind of warning that it was going to be blocked. I have looked for a phone number to get in touch with them to explain the situation but can,t find one. Can anybody help ? thanks Tour

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I created a separate account for Facebook to play MyVegas with , and early on had a similar thing happen.

I got past the validation on a few tries by using a combination of logic and the search function from my real facebook account in a separate browser.

A lot of the friends with "MyVegas" in their name are dummy accounts like mine, thus often have no personal pictures up. So they usually won't be the answer. And if you have an unlocked FB account, you can search the other options they give you by name, and some will show a profile pick, so you get some matches there. If you can get a match, they let you skip a couple.

And then if you try multiple times (they make you wait awhile before you can try again), sometimes you'll see the same pics, so you'll know which names had been in the list last time.

If you didn't have much LP collected and were not using the FB account for anything else, not sure I'd bother doing this. Otherwise I'd do it.

Personally it didn't take me long (half an hour maybe spread over a couple attempts). But I stopped adding myvegas friends after that to make sure I was not locked again. The more friends you've added the tougher the above would be.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    60? hell I've got 90 and I hardly approve anyone. there's lots of people out there with thousands of friends.

4. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are lots of scams out there and to me this sounds like one of them.

I would be very suspicious of this. Look up facebook account blocked scams and you will see a number of them.

Its worth a look.

Did she actually try going to facebook or was it an email saying it was blocked?

5. TOUR

TOUR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No we just tried to get in to play Myvegas and was directed to this questionair. Still no emails from Facebook or anybody else. Thanks for the response so far, any more feed back would be much appreciated. We will try what Nevyn surgested but she has alot of friends so could take quite some time. It would seem a lot easier if you could just phone and talk to somebody.

6. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me too...Commonly called "Facebook Jail"

This happened to me yesterday, also by adding too many friends at once. Won't make that mistake again (add only a couple friends a day & don't request friends, to be safe). If she can't successfully answer the questions then the suspension will last 30 days. But, if she still is in the phase where she can answer the questions, (if you have access to a 2nd computer...easier) look up the name option on your facbook account and see if you can see their pictures. You often can rule out the people with no photos, then look at names (female photo, female names) and try to deduct the corrent name. It actually worked for me. Not adding anyone else either now until after my upcoming trip. 30 days too long to wait...

7. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The worst part about this identity verification is the system it uses to pick the pictures is crap. For one of my "friends" , the pictures were a cake, a lake, and a canoe. How the hell is someone supposed to answer that?

I know facebook has a function where you can provide a form of ID to verify your real name is the same as on your facebook account. I don't know how long it takes, or if it even works. There is no support number for facebook. I'm not even sure they have support via email.

In the end, I took screenshots of all the pictures presented to me and the names available to choose from. The names are random, so eventually you get the same picture and only one of the names has been presented to you both times. It took me 7 or 8 tries total to narrow it down. It seemed to let me try every couple of hours. I found that all of the pictures they showed me came from profiles with real names.

8. TOUR

TOUR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SHES BACK ON FACEBOOK thanke everybody for all the help. My son and myself got the laptop by she side of the desktop and worked out all those questions, took about 25 minutes thanks again. We won,t be adding too many friends from now on, just a few

9. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if it happens again, take notes on the names and pictures, so if you have to go through it again, you will be able to match them up!

BTW, if you add alot of people in a short amount of time, this tends to happen. I only added maybe 5 a day, and was never put in jail!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.