1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wife and I - Total Relaxation

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Tahoejoe2, Apr 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

TR April 1-4
    Wife and I - Total Relaxation

Tues 4/1
    SWA: Sac., Ca. to LV. Up and down. Trip gets faster every time. Maybe 45 minutes. This trip they served our drinks and with SWA humor, they picked them up 30 seconds later. Time to land, welcome to LV.

Budget rental. I prefer Enterprise but was best price. Lady gave me a 15 minute talk on the need for car ins. I never get ins. I rented a car for 4 days for $79. Cost of ins. = $100. “Come on man”.
    Next sales pitch, “How tall are you sir”. 6’2”. You will never fit in that car. Upgrade special. “Come on man”. Plenty of room.

Took the drive down LV Blvd. The only way to enter LV. Ck in at Flamingo. Platinum Lounge, no line.
    Get the CET Visa card people. I will never be Platinum without it. “Flash”! They extended my Platinum Status one more year. Yes!! No resort fees, points never expire, many buffet line bypassed, separate line at ck in. Why would you not get this card?
    Room is simple Fab rm. But view is a million dollars. 18th floor. Strip view without “Donny and Marie” shading. The window is floor to ceiling and wall to wall. Bellagio, Caesars and Mirage in view. Spend every night before bed staring out that window. Vegas baby.
    We are light eaters and love Happy Hours. Roy’s HH. 4:30-6:30
    Sat at bar. Great bartender. Food was awesome. HH menu on line.

Wed. 4/2
    Walked around the new Quad area. High Roller looks nice. I probably won’t go on it, but others might enjoy. One revolution for $24(?) during the day and $32(?) at night. Takes about 30 minutes. No bathrooms in pods. Interesting fact: wheel never stops. People get on and off while the wheel keeps moving. Very slow rotation.
    All stores not open yet. Nice area to people watch.

Rain. Walked around the canal shops(Venetian). Total relaxation trip.
    Belliagio and gazed at flowers. Easter theme. People watching

Thurs. 4/3
    LV Natural History Museum. DT & cheap. Get coupon. Interesting. It had TUT Egypt exhibition from the Luxor.

Container Park (DT). Not much happening during the day. A great try to upgrade the neighborhood, but not much for LV visitors.

Milos for lunch. Always a must. $22 lunch special is a great deal. Tomato, pepper and onion salad must have had three tomatoes in it.
    Sea Bass, yum.

Johnny Rocket burger for dinner. Why do I like those burgers? I think it’s the relish.

Our gambling is penny slots. When I’m alone it’s the poker room.
    Poker room seems to always put the trip on the positive side.
    We played one machine at Aria that gave us 196 free spins. Talk about lazy, we didn’t need to press the “spin” button for 20 minutes.

Stare out the window of our room as we fad to sleep. Home in the morning. Stewardess on plane: “ Cocktail Sir“? No thank you.:peace:

Superbowl Baby
  2. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really? That's weird...Allegiant does Stockton -> Vegas and it's like 55minutes....bigger plane = faster perhaps?

Palace Tower Suite!
  3. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for a great trip report! I love your writing style.... glad you and your wife had a relaxing and fun trip!

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Generally yes.

And thanks for the TR Tahoe! One of these days I hope my g/f gets 100+ free spins on a penny slot. I don't play them enough to ever get that...:eek:

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting. :thumbsup:
    4 hour plane ride for us, so we have to stay at least 4 nights to justify all the travel hassles.

Curious...what does the 45 minute flight cost? We have driven San Diego to LV 3 times and did enjoy the ride, but I suppose it would get boring after multiple times.

Christmas
  6. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Curious...what does the 45 minute flight cost? We have driven San Diego to LV 3 times and did enjoy the ride, but I suppose it would get boring after multiple times.[/QUOTE]

Sacr. to LV is a 9 hour drive by car.
    SWA cost is $100 each way. Got SWA credit card last year and they gave me 50,000 free miles that never expire. Roughly 5,000 points = $100. So airplane tickets are free.

Enjoy your upcoming trip Joe. Take a picture with Binions million dollars. It's free.

Superbowl Baby
  7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sacr. to LV is a 9 hour drive by car.
    SWA cost is $100 each way. Got SWA credit card last year and they gave me 50,000 free miles that never expire. Roughly 5,000 points = $100. So airplane tickets are free.

Enjoy your upcoming trip Joe. Take a picture with Binions million dollars. It's free.[/QUOTE]
    Funny you mention the SWA card. I just applied for my wife for her third version of the card. 100,000 miles so far she has collected over the course of ~3 years. It said approved, so even though this is the third time and they say new members only, I'm expecting another 50,000 miles in her account after we charge $2,000.

Christmas
  8. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [ Funny you mention the SWA card. I just applied for my wife for her third version of the card. 100,000 miles so far she has collected over the course of ~3 years. It said approved, so even though this is the third time and they say new members only, I'm expecting another 50,000 miles in her account after we charge $2,000.[/QUOTE]

If you do your homework you can get many things for free. Does SWA fly out of Wisc?
    We have a lot in common. I bowl Sept - May in a bowling league with the wife. You have me beat on average(172).

Superbowl Baby
  9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you do your homework you can get many things for free. Does SWA fly out of Wisc?
    We have a lot in common. I bowl Sept - May in a bowling league with the wife. You have me beat on average(172).[/QUOTE]
    Since SWA came into Milwaukee, they have become the dominant carrier with somewhere around 60+% of flights. There are remnants of Frontier at the check in area. They still have about 30 positions for check in and in the last two years I have never seen anybody checking in when we have flown SWA.

Midwest Airlines was merged into Frontier and Frontier has just died since.

I like SWA, the problem is they are becoming almost a monopoly out of MKE. They are in the process of absorbing Air Tran, the only other carrier that flew non-stop to Vegas.

Christmas
  10. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was it Midwest or Midway

Not that it matters ,but I remember buying Midway Air plastic Glasses at the Dollar Store. Used them at a low-rent caterers where I used to bartend. Told people we bought an airline.

11. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Joe
    Enjoy your trip and the nice weather

Superbowl Baby
  12. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Joe
    Enjoy your trip and the nice weather
    :peace: