1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Why is this such a hard decision?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by weluvvegas, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My ATT phone is up for an upgrade. After all the back and forth on whether to stay with them or go with TMobile, we made some tweaks to our current plan and have decided to stay with ATT. BUT my phone is due for an upgrade. I have an iphone 4s. I hate the new iOS7 and I just don't like the iphone that much in general. It's just that I've had an iphone for about 5-6 years now and I'm finding it extremely difficult and painful to make the plunge and get something new. I'm afraid I will get something I dislike even more.

Iphone 5s? Should I? Or should I get an android? I like the Blackberry Z10 and the Galaxy s4...from what I can see online. I use my iphone mostly for itunes (music), youtube..texting and calling of course...internet, facebook, twitter and instagram. There are a few apps I use (for banking and tapatalk for this board) but other than that, I have an ipad I use for anything more than that.

I like taking pics with the phone but I think iPhone pictures stink and video is even worse. I would like to have a bigger screen, my eyes aren't as good as they used to be.

What to do??? I can't believe how painfully difficult this is. I want something new but I'm too afraid to let go! Help!

40th Birthday Bash!
  2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you already said you don't like the iPhone, so something else seems like the only option. what have you got to lose? I would go Galaxy S4 way before anything from Blackberry.

3. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver Vegas Guru at Infinity

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have my business and at one point and time we had 13 phones in vegas. I was with sprint for years and had an amazing deal. AT&T came in and promised this and that. Their internet was slower and bill was 3 times the amount. I quickly switched to tmobile. Im very happy with their service and price. Right now I have 9 htc one's and I love them. Tmobile sent me I phone 5s 2 weeks ago, but we have some custom software that has to be on and getting the compatibility work right is a challenge.

4. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I definitely would avoid Blackberry considering the layoffs and other issues. We've had Verizon since they bought Alltel, and I've had a Droid and a Droid X and both have been fine. There are lots of fine phones around and I'm not very picky - I got this one because my old one was stolen and this was cheap as a replacement. Go to a store where you can play with the different sizes to make sure a screen is big enough for you (though my Droid X is the same size as my old droid, the screen is bigger which is nice)

(I totally understand the situation though! I'm going through it with tablets now....)

5. weluvvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have all my music on my iphone, purchased through itunes. What happens to all my music if I go to a Galaxy 4? How can I purchase music in the future? Sorry if that's a stupid question.

40th Birthday Bash!
  6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. weluvvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thx Shifter!

40th Birthday Bash!
  8. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can use your itunes account on any computer as well.

I have the SIII before the 4 was even talked about. I wish i had the 4 (just cause i like the newer stuff lol) but i do love my 3. I don't even use all the features or even know them all and i have had it almost a year.

My husband has the 4s and hates it. S3 has better network communications, drops less calls and gets better service in the boonies (though if a real dead spot it is still dead). He consistently has problems with his phone and the rep said he would but he did not want a "tv" because it doesn't fit in his pocket so easily. He wears a belt though so totally could have used the clip. He will never get an iphone again.

Go with samsung, hands down.

9. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Samsung S4 and HTC One are widely considered the two best smartphones to date. I read at least half a dozen reviews that were written solely to compare these two models head to head. I went with the HTC One and I love it. You can't go wrong either way, but there is a general rule of thumb. If you can't live without the latest and greatest gadgets, and want your phone jam packed with cutting edge features, go with the Samsung. If you want a simpler phone with a super clean interface, get the HTC. For me personally, I know that I would try all the fancy features once and never use them again, so I went with the HTC.

As a side note, most of the comparisons I read gave a slight edge to the HTC One, or declared it a tie.

10. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have heard HTC is ok too. Depends how much you can get them for. I got my samsung 3 for free with my contract because our company was just starting to get phones rogers had locked on the canadian market so it was a quick promotion, i would still stay away from iphone.

11. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have an IPhone 5 and downloaded the IOS7 and HATED it... for a day... till a friend showed me the tricks and tips to customize things. It's been almost a week and frankly, I forgotten how it used to be any other way. If you don't like the I Phone... for God's sake, DON'T GET ANOTHER ONE!!!

My assistant has the Galaxy product and LOVES it... Please don't treat a cell phone like a marriage or other "lifetime commitments"...

12. weluvvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know, it feels that way...insane isn't it? I think I've decided on the Samsung. With my ATT upgrade I have to pay $199 up front for it. I thought about switching to TMobile but I was grandfathered in with the ATT unlimited everything plan years ago and the monthly cost is almost exactly the same as TMobile unlimited once you add in all the taxes. ATT with taxes = $113 TMobile before taxes (and with the $24/mth for the phone) $91.

I might as well stick with ATT. I'm still nervous about switching but I'm sure I'll get over it once I have a new phone to play with. lol

40th Birthday Bash!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.