1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker Whiskey down video poker denomination / pay tables + drink comp policy?

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by seviay, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't seem to get any concrete info regarding the denomination (Is there $0.25? $0.50? Only $1 and above?) the pay tables, or their comp drink policy.

Can someone who has been there please educate me? TIA

2. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interested in this as well. One of the things that bugged me about MGM last time was that I didn't love any of the VP spots; Centrifuge had old machines that barely worked, and Zuri was too much of a crowded scene. Whiskey Down seemed like it might work (I'm totally fine with $1 as long as the drinks and the paytables are good).

3. Gofaster87

Gofaster87 Low-Roller

Good vp pay schedules and MGM dont go together. At the dollar level you'll probably get 7/5 BP 9/5 or 8/5 DDB and super ugly ducks. If you guys want I can have someone check sometime next week.

4. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would really appreciate it! Their high limit slot area has decent pay tables at the $1 level, but you're right -- the rest of their offerings are sub-par to say the least. If they had 7/5 at the quarter level, I would put up with it for an hour or two if I could get some comped drinks

5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That'd be great. As to your first sentence, I don't necessarily agree; you're not going to find anything truly full pay, but Aria, for example, has 9/5 JoB at the main lobby bar, which isn't too bad (especially when you factor in the above-average drinks). So it's definitely possible that Whiskey Down might be playable.

6. Gofaster87

Gofaster87 Low-Roller

There is a 100 or 50 play 9/6 JOB $1 machine in the high limit room. You can play one hand at a time but they will ask you to move if someone is going to max it. I should be able to get the pay tables tomorrow.

7. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I played there, you could play 9/6 job on the spin boxer game in the high limit area as well. I really only care about the pay tables and comp policy at whiskey down. I really appreciate you finding that out for us!

8. Gofaster87

Gofaster87 Low-Roller

What games did you guys want specifically. I might not make it down there myself but I have someone already there that can check.

9. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    JoB, Bonus Poker, and Bonus Deluxe should be sufficient. Thanks again

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's not too late add DDB to Seviay's request.

11. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really just want to know which games have the best pay tables, but I didn't want to be too greedy or demanding. I was hoping you or another VP degen might show up and ask for more, though =)

12. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If nothing else, I might head up there in a couple weeks and investigate. I'm not a big VP player (more of a craps and BJ guy), but I do love playing VP at a bar that'll comp good drinks. Hence why I like Lift Bar at Aria so much... it's fun to mess around with some VP, but even more so when the bartender is pouring Stoli Elit.

13. Gofaster87

Gofaster87 Low-Roller

My friend got access to one machine the rest were taken. JOB was 6/5 for 25 cent and 8/5 for dollar. Bonus Poker was 6/5 and 8/5. There was no Bonus Poker Deluxe on the machine. I didn't see the DDB request in time but at MGM its usually 7/5 8/5 and 9/5. 50 cent is usually the same as 25 cent at MGM. This was only on one machine the others may be different. I know many bars that have different pay schedules at different seats. Just dont expect to find anything better, only worse. The 8/5 BP actually threw me for a loop as that is uncommon for MGM bars.

14. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, no biggie. I have read from another member on here that DDB was 9/5 at 25c (very high for Strip bartops at quarters), and since bonus is 8/5 at dollars, there could be a chance that DDB is 9/6.

15. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the update. :beer:

I'd be more than happy playing dollar DDB at 9/5 if they're comping the fancy-pants cocktails or good whiskeys.

(Yeah, I know 8/5 BP is much better...but we crackheads don't give a shit how good your weed is!)

16. Kickin

Kickin Flea

8/5 BP at Whiskey Down? Damn I was planning to completely shun VP on my next trip. Just when I thought I was out...yada yada yada

17. Gofaster87

Gofaster87 Low-Roller

Yea, hopefully they dont change the pay schedules, especially if the DDB is 9/5 at the 25 cent level and BP is 8/5. I play almost everyday and Ive seen banks go to shit on the pay schedules from one day to the next. Some of the local joints actually change full banks to different machines on a daily basis.

18. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish they had $0.25 8/5 BP, but yeah, if they have 9/5 DDB at the quarter level, I'm in!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.