1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Which would you choose

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by touche22, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. touche22

touche22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Slot invite only tourney at Aria. 50 ppl with 1st prize 25k cash and 50k Freeplay.

Guarantees 250$ FP but you need to finish 1-4 for the increase in amount. No resort credit included other than the welcome snacks and cocktails.

Room included. Ought to be a skysuite but not sure

OR

Skysuite

900 FP

400 RC

I can't combine them.

Let me know which you would do

2. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are spots 2-4 worth? Unless my math is off, you’re looking at an expected value of roughly $1700 PLUS whatever spots 2-4 are worth (divided by 50 participants, of course).

I would also assume that as long as this offer is commensurate with your level of play, you’ll get all your room charges – or at least a very large portion of them - taken care of on the back end. So, is the $400 in resort credit really worth anything when your host will comp you that much (and probably much more) anyway? (Actually, I’m going from my experience at Wynn…Milfe could be different with the way they handle those things, I suppose.)

I guess what I’m saying is…unless the slot tournament is going to take up an unreasonable amount of Vegas time, that would be my choice.

(I'm also assuming that the tourney offer comes with the Sky Suite...)

3. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah about the only thing that would shift me from the tourney to the other is if it were a different room. If the room is the same the EV is better, and I would wager that, as thecarve pointed out, your host would probably pick up at least $400 in charges on the backend anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.