1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Which to play? Reflection Bay or SouthShore?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by dooner, Nov 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This goes out to all my fellow Vegas golfing fanatics!

With Reflection Bay open again (and Ken2v golfing it right about now - yup, jealous), we have a new course to play again at Lake Las Vegas.

I haven't been out that way, but am thinking about staying at LLV Westin. They have some excellent stay and play options available in December - $209 for Reflection and $229 for SouthShore.

So..... which do I play????

Price is about the same (great deal with green fees at Reflection going for about $175 and ??? for private club SouthShore), so I'm down to quality and condition. Service is not a big concern, since I really just need to walk from car to first hole and finish 18 holes in about 2 1/2 hours (love to golf fast).

Any comments about either course? (I'm about a 3 handicap, however, won't have hit a ball for about 3 months before Vegas - Canadian winter)

2. M_ILIS

M_ILIS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never played either one, but unless you hear SouthShore is not in good shape, I'd choose that simply for the access to it. You can play Reflection Bay anytime, maybe even on the same trip and probably pay less than rack rate.

3. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is exactly what I was going to say.

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

That is often my mindset, too, but for the foreseeable future there will be outside access to SouthShore for those who have access to Pacific Links.

On the ground ... SouthShore has some great topography but the routing doesn't compare to Reflection Bay and there's bit of "seen this" to it. Again, always think it's great to sample what isn't widely sampled, but hole for hole, Reflection takes the day.

5. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good point! I am betting that SouthShore will be a good shape, considering that across the pond at Reflection has done fine with some water.

I think I'll book SouthShore in the am, and maybe, if time, Reflection Bay in the pm (if time - since early sunset in December).

Access to a 'private' course is a big plus!

6. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for ideas everyone! For about $280 all in, I think I'll give SouthShore the nod (with the stay and play package).

7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Let us know what you think of 16-18. Doesn't seem to be any middle ground on that set. (Oh, and picture it with a base windage of about 30 and gusts to 50+ from the west. Last time the boys and I were there that was our special treat.)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.