1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Which Insurance for car rental

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by nicolasv, Jul 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicolasv

nicolasv Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello, I'm French. I'm going to Vegas in one week, and I've rented a classic car ( ford focus type) by Avis company.
    In the price, is included SLI and CDW insurances. Plus, I 've made the reservation with my credit card ( Visa premier) that also insure for CDW.
    Do you think those insurances are enough? Or do you advise me to choose a complementary insurance when I will take the car?
    Thanks for your answers

2. Guy

Guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have booked through avis.fr then the price should include all the necessary insurance. The only extra insurance you need worry about is the one to reduce the excess amount on a claim (which is usually not worth taking if you are having the car for several days)

3. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have supplemental liability included. What that is is the car rental company is required by state law to carry liability insurance, for example $300K per accident. Well, lets say you have a wreck and are sued for $500K, this insurance will cover the additional $200K above the state mandated liability.

CDW is LDW which will cover the car up to a total loss and time out of fleet.

You should be good to go.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.