1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Where to go the first night

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by discin311, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. discin311

discin311 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A Group of 10 us our leaving Chicago 8am Thursday and land at 10am Vegas time. So we will have drinking on the plane and all day I think we are going to Blondies for there $20 Happy Hour from 3 to 6 Has anyone been there is it any good to just hang out and play darts? No one really wants to do bottle service at a club for the first night where should be go with our group? BTW we have 2 people that have not been to Vegas so I thinking something off the strip like Voodoo. What do you guys think will be the best place to just hang out. Btw This trip is for a Bachelor Party. Thanks For the Help

2. OhioStateAlum

OhioStateAlum Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to Mix or Foundation Room, both at Mandalay Bay. Mix is on the top floor of TheHotel, FR the top floor of the main tower. Good way to get a great view of the city and plan out the next stop of your night. They give away free passes to Mix all the time; Foundation Room much less frequently.

Note: I'm unsure if any of the changes at TheHotel have changed anything regarding Mix. Hopefully someone that has been there more recently can help.

3. DJC

DJC Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess you're in the air as I type...

I've done the Blondies happy hour with some pals, I wouldn't rush to do it again, but it is fine if you just want to hang around chatting and drink small glasses of lite beer or well drinks. They were a bit tight with the refills, when ordering another round we had to bring back all the empty glasses to show we weren't stock piling beers, but for $20 you can't really complain.

I'd recommend Carnival Court @ Harrah's, relaxed vibe that sounds like it would suit your group

Enjoy!

4. discin311

discin311 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We dont leave until June 5th but im just looking for ideas

5. Loluvsvegas

Loluvsvegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YES! Carnival court is def a blast, especially for that first day. I always go there the first day. They have live entertainment in the afternoon, and have the flair bartenders and it's laid back and chill :beer:

6. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carnival Court is a lot of fun to do for the first night while getting adjusted.

We did Fremont Street for my bach party last July the Thursday when we arrived. A bunch of small clubs, lounges on the south (?) end plus everything else north (?) on Fremont with cheap drink prices and cheap mins on the gambling side may also be an option.

http://www.fremontstreetbars.com/fremont-street-las-vegas-map

7. Wolfman619

Wolfman619 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Second rec here for Fremont East.

Just did a bach party 3 weeks ago, and spent the first couple of nights bouncing around down there. There's a little bit of everything down there, and enough of it to keep you occupied for a fun and cheaper first night. Off the top of my head there's a pool hall, a lounge, a couple mixology bars, a couple live music venues, and a dive bar or two, all within 3 blocks. Insert coins was a really big hit with the first-timers on the trip. We got a table there, with our own private booth and console, and it was way cheaper than something similar on the strip.

8. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver Vegas Guru at Infinity

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since it has been discussed before about your plans. Vegas isnt the best place for 10 guys to party for a bachelor party on your budget. Almost every place drinks will be $10 and higher. When we discussed clubs that offer cheaper bottle service, what you have to figure is that each guy will pay $25 and up for entry, not sure about you, but i can easily drink $100 in alcohol. So your basically looking at $125 perperson minimum to go out. The bottle specials were right at 1k. Dont know your budget, but if your planning on hitting bars downtown your looking at some being $20 entry then alcohol. Gold spike is a good place, but drinks are still $10 a pop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.