1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Where to catch SDX or Deuce from Fremont area to Wynn/Fashion Show Mall?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Geogran, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geogran

Geogran OTD Tea Sipper

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Next visit we and some friends plan to take the bus from the Wynn to downtown for a half day -
    got that part figured out..we plan to try slots at several places and have lunch before heading back to the strip.

Need help on where to catch the bus back to Fashion Show Mall - either from Fremont, Golden Nugget, or MSS - places we plan to visit, but willing to catch bus anywhere downtown! We were downtown a few years ago so we are somewhat familiar with the Fremont Street Experience area - just haven't quite figured out the transit route pickup spots from their website, and not familiar with all the street names.

Any suggestions or tips are appreciated!

2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The bus stop was right on Las Vegas Blvd just north of Fremont last time I was downtown.

3. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Between binions and freemont on the Binions side of the street

4. Geogran

Geogran OTD Tea Sipper

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you folks for pinpointing that location..will scope it out when we get there...

5. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not hard to find. It has a couple of benches, and a few displays. Also has a ticket machine so you can buy a ticket right there. It's right before the Binions cafe, just past the entrance.

Binions stop

6. Geogran

Geogran OTD Tea Sipper

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many thanks FullBoat - will be giving it a try in a little more than a month from now...

7. dewey089

dewey089 Guru of Value

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That Binions stop will get you the SDX. That is probably the bus you want. It will be faster than the Deuce, and it will stop at Fashion Show Mall.
    However, if you change your destination, or if you leave downtown after midnight, then the Deuce may be what you want. The stop for the Deuce is the one Snidely remembered and is at the South end of the Fremont Experience, just around the corner of the Neonopolis.
    Here are the stops for both:

http://www.rtcsnv.com/wp-content/uploads/routes/2014/09/SDX.pdf

In this post below you can skim down to a photograph of the Binions stop. It is easy to find. There are five different bus routes that stop at Binions, so double check you are on the right bus.

http://vegasonthebus.blogspot.com/search?q=Binions
    If you ride the SDX, you need to buy a ticket and validate it before you enter the bus. Usually, there is someone there from the bus station checking on that, but I forgot to do it for my son until the bus arrived and then had to wait for the second bus because I did not have time to buy and validate the ticket. I ride on a 30 all access pass, so I rarely never think about ticket machines.
    If you went by SDX bus to downtown, then you probably have a 24 hour that you bought on the strip. Validate that also right after you buy it in the machine on the strip.
    The Deuce has a driver so the pass will be validated by him as you enter.

8. Geogran

Geogran OTD Tea Sipper

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't thank you enough Dewey089 - and all the other folks that helped!!

All of the tips and suggestions have made me feel more familiar with the area in case we hop on at a different place than planned.
    We will buy our 24 hour ticket at the Wynn - did not realize we needed to validate it before getting on the bus - so thanks for that tidbit as well as all the others..will look for the SDX or the Deuce at Wynn and downtown, who knows!!

Really looking forward to our adventure downtown!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.