1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Where should I park downtown?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by jenblase, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

We are heading downtown to do the free play promo at El Cortez and also to go check out the "vintage" slots at the D. If you were only going to those two places, where would you park?

We'll be coming from the Rio.

Thanks!

2. NickyDim

NickyDim VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If during the week even the self park at el cortez is super easy.

4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, unless there is a special event at the hotel or in the area then there is free parking at the El Cortez. Not sure about the valet since I never use them, the parking lot is next to the hotel so not a much further walk. From what I remember, the parking lot at the D (when it was the fitz) was a little narrow, I was afraid of scraping my car driving to the next levels. I think you also have to validate at the D so maybe you should just park at the EC and visit the EC and D since they aren't that far apart (little over a block apart).

when there are special events in the area then there is usually a guard at the main EC parking lot, allowing only hotel guests and guests to park (mostly because they don't want the clubbers to park at the EC). there is another EC lot across the street and they don't check for parking so you can park there if the main lot is full.

5. warpdrvr

warpdrvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we go downtown (every single visit), we ALWAYS valet at the El Co. In the 10+ years we have been going there, we have never been turned away for valet parking. It's only a few bucks to tip the valet, so it is well worth it to us. We don't mind walking the block to FSE. We do go into the El Co first as we usually like to play there, but then after a while we always wander down the street.

6. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hmmm.... i always park at binnions

7. VegasMyPlayground

VegasMyPlayground Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Golden nugget

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.